Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my copy in over the weekend. I started stickering the pieces today.

My advice for Patrick, if you do stickered discs again in a future project, is to PLEASE make the stickers slightly smaller than the discs, rather than almost exactly the same size. It would make the stickering so much easier.

As the title says though, everything else about the game is very well made and looks amazing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Some of the discs were smaller than the stickers. Learn from LEGO, always make the stickers a bit smaller than the piece you're putting it on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Nickell
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim,

This was a mistake that wasn't supposed to happen. I had made them 12mm so they would have 1.5 mm on each side and be smaller than the disc but unfortunately the final files were not altered so they came out 15mm.
Normally I can catch stuff like this in the white/dummy copy but unfortunately my manufacturer does not send out actual stickers until the advanced copy so I wasn't able to catch it.

At the end of the day it's my job to catch that and my mistake so I apologize. Hopefully it doesn't detract from the game too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
unlpat wrote:
Jim,

This was a mistake that wasn't supposed to happen. I had made them 12mm so they would have 1.5 mm on each side and be smaller than the disc but unfortunately the final files were not altered so they came out 15mm.
Normally I can catch stuff like this in the white/dummy copy but unfortunately my manufacturer does not send out actual stickers until the advanced copy so I wasn't able to catch it.

At the end of the day it's my job to catch that and my mistake so I apologize. Hopefully it doesn't detract from the game too much.
Hi Patrick,

Completely understandable. Like I said, it is a very small issue, nothing to worry about. Thanks for taking the responsibility yourself. Apology accepted. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for explaining what happened. Do appreciate you taking responsibility and hopefully it's something that can be fixed in the second print run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Applejack
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used a pair of tweezers to apply the stickers. I had to have them pretty much dead on to avoid any overhang on the sides. I thought it odd the stickers were so big, but it didn't bother me once they were finished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.