James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking of putting in an order from Black Knight Games (http://www.blackknightgames.ca), as they appear to be the only retailer in Canada that carries the full line of the Dropzone Commander miniatures game, and I've had some bad customer service experiences with another online store I often shop at.

I was wondering if anyone else has had experience from ordering from this store - i.e. is the website stock accurate, is the customer service good?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
Canada
hamilton
ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never ordered on-line but shop in the store frequently. They are very professional and you should be able to order from them with confidence. A very good store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will have to visit the store next month when I go back to visit my parents. Is this a newer store? I always shopped at Bayshore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zalendar wrote:
I will have to visit the store next month when I go back to visit my parents. Is this a newer store? I always shopped at Bayshore.

I don't know how long the store has been around - considering the number of games leagues they run, I'd guess they've been around for awhile. I just found about them today. So far from what I've seen, their prices are reasonable, and their shipping is quite cheap ($7 flat rate to ship to me, cheapest I've seen anywhere in Canada.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Kauk
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just poked around the site (for the first time). Their prices are exceptionally high compared to other online stores (Germangames, meeplemart, etc.). shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have been in the area for years, at least since I moved to Hamilton about 5 years ago, and they were clearly an established business already at that point so it could be far longer for all I know. They just moved next door to a larger store and have upgraded to create a pretty impressive play area. Sadly I don't tend to frequent the store much because the miniature gaming/Magic the Gathering appears to be the focus and I am more of a board gamer. They do have a wall stocked with board games though so they don't completely ignore them and I have bought from them from time to time (though I also find their prices a bit high). To be completely honest (in case they ever read this and would like the input) I am also put off by the lack of a hygiene of a few regulars there.

That said, they are definitely a reputable business and have always been great to me. I would have zero concerns about ordering from them if they had something I wanted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Todd Kauk wrote:
I just poked around the site (for the first time). Their prices are exceptionally high compared to other online stores (Germangames, meeplemart, etc.). shake

For what I was looking at (miniatures), the prices were all over the place - several where the same as Meeplemart's. several were over, and I even found one or two that were lower. So they were reasonable enough, depending on what I looked at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bholmes4 wrote:
I am also put off by the lack of a hygiene of a few regulars there.

Yeah, I've been getting into miniature games lately, but am not as much into gettingo into this "scene". To be honest, here in Kitchener we don't have much miniature stuff going on at all unless you're into WH40K, so I'm envious of those places that do have more going on, though. Glad to hear they are a good store, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
Canada
hamilton
ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would guess they have been around for 7 years or so. They do tend to be a bit expensive but have a decent amount of games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.