J Castellucci
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
After last weeks treachery by Arthur, people were itching to play Shadows over Camelot again, so we finished the night with a full complement of 7 at the Round Table.

This time Good King Bryan (Arthur) was our leader, and he directed us with force. With some phenominal luck, we completed the Grail quest in record time without a single Despair. The knights then proceeded to Excalibur and quickly recoverred the legendary sword (while ignoring the Black Knight's activity and getting a black sword).

At this point, out of frustration (and the belief that he could not remain hidden), Sir Galahad revealed himself as a traitor (using the Fate special white which our King had foolishly passed him!). He was figuring he was about to be accused anyways, as it's hard to conceal yourself when you are expected to use your special ability every turn).

With the traitor revealed, we loyal knights floundered a bit and were able to get 2 more white swords on the table (count was 7w to 1b), but then the catapult count became serious, as did the life point totals. But, we were able to work togehter just enough to ride out the catapults and lose enough quests to win the game

(Everyone agreed that the lose-quests-to-win feels cheap, but we didn't see any other way to really complete the game).

I after 3 plays in two weeks, I think we'll be taking a break from this game, but next time, we're going to use the "Squire's Challenge" offial variant, which should give us plenty of trouble.

Question: Does a promoted Squire get a random knight, or can they choose? (I guess you could play with either as a variant -- I am thinking that choosing seems like it would be more fun, especially the first few times out).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.