Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone want to venture forth and create a microbadge for this game? I thought it might be improper to ask, but the ratings are good enough to warrant it at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is not improper at all Sean. You have developed a great game and should be able to ask this question without remorse. I only wish I could help you out but alas, I am not the one. I'll offer 50GG to the microbadge designer you select.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would do it, but I can't get a microbadge by the snob committee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
airjudden wrote:

Snob committee? Is something afoot?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seriously, turn off Facebook. You'll be happier.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
    Microbadges are relatively hard to get through the approval process now. I put two through when they first came out for Alhambra and Warriors of God, and it was smooth sailing. The ones I've submitted since 2011 or so have gotten rejected for various reasons like "not enough color" and "too much background". Apparently my mastery of the 16x16 artform is no longer up to snuff.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That explains why my last round of microbadge requests garnered crickets. Is it now like a club where only regulars get their stuff approved?

I miss Rune Midjord Nielsen.He was the best around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb

Alright, I submitted one, let's see what happens.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! May we see it on this thread?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb

That's Frederick's counter, and I think the unique choice of blue may allow it to pass. With only 16x16 to work with it's difficult to get any real detail into the picture, so they often bump things out for "not unique enough." But that blue isn't something you stumble into in most board games.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patiently waiting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it. Want to make one for Highland Charge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
gittes wrote:
airjudden wrote:

Snob committee? Is something afoot?!

I submitted a Mark Herman fan. They gave their suggestions. I did what they said, and ... crickets.

I'm sure if I would have made the 50th Uwe Rosenberg fan badge, it would have been approved in 10 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sorry to hear that. Why not try again? Is there somewhere you can voice your complaints?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on the microbadge front?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb

None. It's been 30 days now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does that mean we are doomed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb

Forty is more scriptural than thirty. I think for the moment we're merely screwed, doomed isn't due until the 16th.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, just in time for the anniversary of the Ardennes counteroffensive!

Any idea on why we can't get it through?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb

No clue. Microbadges aren't geekmodded. I think there's an admin responsible for reviewing them and it may just be a matter of how busy he is in the rest of his life. There's about a million of them so the queue must be long.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sigh.

Oh well, lettuce wait and see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb

I contacted the admins and was informed that I should have received an email. Since I didn't, and since it isn't available, I resubmitted. Here is the link to track its status -- http://www.boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/29946 which I need to write down because I don't see a way to recover it once you close the page.

Current queue goes back to December 6th.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fingers are crossed Sag. Thank you for all the hard work on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb

An update -- we are behind the Men Without Hats Fans microbadge which is critical to any boardgaming site of course, plus a long series of microbadges for fans of each individual Star Trek character. No one's going to want Deanna Troi so likely that one won't take as long. There's a bunch of test submissions that will fall off the list immediately when they reach the top. Then there's a few about games.

With the holidays I don't know if this will advance, then again it may go through all in a shot with the designated admin getting holiday time off of work.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Subject: Microbadge declined
We're sorry, but your recent microbadge submission has been declined.
Hold the Line: Frederick's War Fan
mb

Note From Admin: Please provide a link to the forum post for this badge. Please see this link for mb approval process: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Microbadge_Design_and...

Thank you!

--
Geekdo Admins

--
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE!
Mail sent to the BoardGameGeek account or messagecenter@boardgamegeek.com is not received or read.
If you are trying to reach a particular user, please write to them directly.
Boardgamegeek Admins: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Admins

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb

Anybody who wants to submit the badge I made above is more than welcome to. This process is a complete pain in the ass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.