Subject: Internet 1989 League Begins November 11th rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Wigdor
United States
Lake Hiawatha
New Jersey
flag msg tools
As Ted reported in an earlier thread, the Internet 1989 League is about to begin its fourth season of competition. The start of the league has been delayed until November 11, so there is still time to sign up if you'd like to join us!

The league features real time play using the program available at www.wargameroom.com. Games are timed so that they will last a maximum of 2 1/2 hours (1 hour 15 minutes per player). Players are asked to stay on or ahead of a schedule of one game every two weeks.

I know we had at least one European player post that he was concerned about the time zone difference being a barrier. First, the league is international in nature; in fact the league champion has come from Europe all three times. Second, there is a league mechanic called a Deadline Event designed to assist people who are having difficulty meeting their scheduled opponents. Details can be found at www.wargameroom.com/matchup.htm, but the bottom line is that can choose a time to play that is convenient for you, so long as you announce it to the league in advance. Even if no one shows up to play, you are given credit for a game played so long as you do this.

If you're on the fence, give it a try. There are no hard feelings if you wind up dropping if it's not for you. Please make sure you have successfully used the Wargameroom program before joining though.

Anyway, if all this sounds like fun, and you'd like to join in, send me an e-mail at brucewig@hotmail.com and I'll put you on the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Do it. You will not be sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judit Szepessy
Canada
London
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I had the time to join...
Have fun, everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do it...only 2 hours every two weeks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beginning the tournament on Nov. 11 would make more sense if it were PoG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ioan Mitiu
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to see that league already started and few games are played ( no results reported yet but this would happen latter I assume ).

Good luck to all other players and have fun !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.