Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So how exactly does Flee work? The one example in the rules doesn't help enough. Do you only move to either the 1st or 9th island? Does it matter where you are? For example, if I'm on the middle/5th island, where can I go? Say you're on island 2, the way my husband reads the rules is he can only go to island 8 since 1 and 9 are not the opposite ends of 2.

Also, no where in the rules does it say that you can play an Exploration card as a Ration, yet the icon is there and Tom in his review said they could be used that way. Recommend having an errata for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Nickell
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can play an Exploration Card as a Ration, I'm not sure how that was left out of the rules. The symbol on the top of the card indicates it is a "1 Ration" Once the craziness of shipping out 1500 packages and going to BGG Con is over I plan on posting an errata.

The Flee is like Pacman a bit. So if you are on 1 you can go to 3 or 7. On 2 you can only go to 8 and you can't go anywhere if you ae in the middle on 5. Hopefully this helps but if not let me know and I'll try to clarify more.

Thanks for playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You still pay the required rations, correct?

edit: spelling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clarifying. Flee makes more sense now.

Can Flee be combined with Maneuver? So if you're on 1, move up-left diagonally to 9?

We'd also like to know if you have to pay the ration cost or if it's a free movement.

Also, since the rules for Aptitude cards say they last for the entire round, how does this affect Barter. Can you use it's ability more than once per turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shaud
United States
Landisville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Shop at GameSurplus.com
badge
Shop at GameSurplus.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think that you have to pay the ration cost, otherwise the Flee card wouldn't really provide any benefit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinruns262 wrote:
I don't think that you have to pay the ration cost, otherwise the Flee card wouldn't really provide any benefit.

Sure it would. You always skip an island with Flee. If you travel from 7 to 9 via Flee, you wouldn't have to pay the cost of island 8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Reitz
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
No move is forbidden except the forbidden move.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing that you don't have to pay the cost and I like it better that way. There aren't that many "Flee" cards and I feel like it makes it more powerful, especially late game with there are a lot of Aberration cards out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Parker
United States
Aggieland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
You're only young once...but you can be immature the rest of your life!!!
mbmbmbmbmb

I noticed this question regarding the Flee card wasn't "officially" answered....
brianmbe wrote:
You still pay the required rations, correct?

edit: spelling

Here's Patrick's answer from another thread...
unlpat wrote:
1. You must still pay any Ration Cost inlcuinding any Abberatins that may be on your destination/arrival. The Flee Ability simply breaks the normal movement rules and allows you to "warp"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Parker
United States
Aggieland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
You're only young once...but you can be immature the rest of your life!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
unlpat wrote:
.... Once the craziness of shipping out 1500 packages and going to BGG Con is over I plan on posting an errata.....

Patrick,

You mentioned an errata would be published after last year's BGG.CON. Has it been uploaded to BGG? If so, I can't find it.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.