Hide
4 Posts

Firefly: The Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: what are the parts? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
baptiste derrez
msg tools
I'm a french new player and i don't understand what the parts do. Can you help me please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bonjour,

The Parts are needed to pass certain Navigation Card situations, when you draw a card which declares that you now have a 'mechanical problem' with your ship while you are flying and come to a new space. It may say something like 'Lose 1 Parts (or lose 2 Parts) or come to a Full Stop.' If you have no (Spare Ship Component) Parts aboard to spend (to fix the problem), you may be penalized, such as having to immediately end your turn's movement.

Therefore you constantly need to have some Parts to sacrifice, unless you purchase a ship upgrade that says "Ignore Breakdowns."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CD Harris
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gwelwen wrote:
I'm a french new player and i don't understand what the parts do. Can you help me please?

Thematically, the Parts mechanic is an homage to "Out of Gas."

Mechanically, there are a few situations in which having a Parts will get you out of trouble in flight. We've generally found that, given their cost, it isn't really worth it to spend a Part to keep flying while just doing a run-of-the-mill Job. But if you're in the middle of a critical run and need one, you'll be glad you had it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
barry Doublet
France
epernay
Other
flag msg tools
Mad Crazy Fool !!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me test my french. ahem!
Parts = des pi├Ęces de rechange pour r├ęparer votre Firefly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.