BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Feel lucky punk? Truly great push-your-luck games. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
There's no simple explanation for anything important any of us do, and yeah the human tragedy consists of the necessity of living with the consequences, under pressure, under pressure. -Courage (For Hugh Maclennan): The Tragically Hip
badge
We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream. -Gift Shop: The Tragically Hip
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I know they’re simple. I know there’s virtually no strategy, or even thought process involved, but every once in awhile I love a good push your luck game!

I own nine, and they’re fast and fun, and I can easily play them with my kids. They are: Can't Stop, Unnamed Object, Zombie Dice, Skull, Ca$h 'n Gun$, King of Tokyo, Formula D, No Thanks!, and Roll Through the Ages: The Bronze Age.

Do you like push your luck games? What are your favourites?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a Geeklist for that: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/65642/push-your-luck-g...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maximuss wrote:
Do you like push your luck games? What are your favourites?

Diamant Very quick, easy to explain, simple rules, and has a bit of tactics (do what the others aren't doing).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jane doe
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We just got The Adventurers: The Temple of Chac. So far after 10 games our kids and us adults love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Life is a lamp-flame before a wind.
msg tools
badge
mu
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like Zooloretto. Timing is vital in this game. Should I pick this truck now or do I dare to wait?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serena
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Händler der Karibik is a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maximuss wrote:

You hit almost all of my favorites already.

The only one I would add is Ra/Razzia!, an excellent auction game that includes some great push-your-luck moments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.