Subject: A Day of Niner 7: Excitedly Ended rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Smooth Tongue Bar-steward
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you feel like your reads are always wrong? It's time to practice them with a simple no-reveal game! But don't let the no-reveal scare you off. This set used to be the standard "newbie" game and playing it will probably improve aspects of your game like, false claiming, evaluating possibilities, etc. It's a good set. It's also very quick to play.

And now it's going to be even quicker. The last few games I've played/ran of this set have had large gaps in posting. Is suspect that it's because not a lot needs to be said?? So, this game will be an experiment to see how the set runs with most of the action done in a day.

Good Roles:

Seer - Each night receives a vision of a target player as 'wolf' or 'not wolf.' The seer receives a vision on Night 0 of one randomly chosen player that is 'not wolf.' Thereafter, the seer chooses which player to view.

Priest - Each night receives a vision of a target deceased player. The vision tells the priest that deceased player's exact role. The priest does not receive any vision on Night 0. Thereafter, the priest chooses one deceased player to view.

Hunter - If only two players remain in the game and the hunter is one of those players, then the good team wins even if the other player is a werewolf.

3 Villagers - Ordinary villagers with no special powers.

Evil Roles:

2 Werewolves - The werewolves know each other's identity, and may chat without restriction. Each night the wolves choose one target player to kill. There is no kill on Night 0.

Sorcerer - Each night receives a vision of a target player as 'seer' or 'not seer.' The sorcerer receives a vision on Night 0 of one randomly chosen player that is 'not seer.' Thereafter, the sorcerer chooses which player to view. The sorcerer wins if the wolves win, but does not count as a werewolf for parity purposes (see below).

Victory Conditions:

Good - All good players win if all werewolves are eliminated, or if the last two players remaining are the hunter and one werewolf. The sorcerer does not have to be eliminated in order for Good to win.

Evil - All evil players win if the wolves achieve parity: if at any time the number of wolves remaining equals the number of non-wolves remaining (including the sorcerer), evil wins. However, if one wolf is left with the hunter, then good wins. The sorcerer counts as a 'non-wolf' for these purposes.

Lynch Rules:

Each day players vote for one player to be lynched. The player receiving the most votes is killed. If there is a tie between two or more players, the tied player with the LHLV is killed.

All votes must conform to the Cassandra Vote Tally System rules. (Will beposted once the game starts). If all living players vote night fall it will speed up the dusk.

Neither the player's role or team is revealed upon lynch.

Night Orders:

Wolves, Seer, Sorcerer, and Priest must all submit their night orders by Dawn BGG time. Nights will be 10 minutes long. They do this by using the Cassandra Game Order system in the Cassandra Chat System. Failure to submit an order will result in no order although conditional orders may be entered in mod-chat.

The wolves' night kill choice is revealed with the DAWN post. The players' role and team are not revealed.

Miscellaneous:

Posting after Dusk/Dawn: Please refrain from posting between the time dusk/dawn is called (or should be called) and when results are posted.

Lynch Schedule:

Dawn of D1 will be late Thursday or early Friday morning.
D1 lynch: 11:00 am BGG
N1: 10 minutes from D1 results post (7 players left)
D2 lynch: 2:00 pm BGG
N2: 10 minutes from D2 results post (5 players left)
D3 lynch: 4:00 pm BGG
N3: 10 minutes from D3 results post (3 players left)
D4 lynch: 5:00 pm BGG

Note about nights.
If I post the [killed ohgrande] at 11:02, then night orders would be due at 11:12 and no posting in the thread at 11:13 until the nightkill is posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: A Day of Niner 7: In Signup (0/9)
Player List According to Cassandra:
Avin
bkarrigan
chardir
Dake
irwin1138
jageroxorz
Kit Kat
nolemonplease
slowcheetah

9 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1065...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RCSparrow wrote:
So you feel like your reads are always wrong? It's time to practice them with a simple no-reveal game! But don't let the no-reveal scare you off. This set used to be the standard "newbie" game and playing it will probably improve aspects of your game like, false claiming, evaluating possibilities, etc. It's a good set. It's also very quick to play.

And now it's going to be even quicker. The last few games I've played/ran of this set have had large gaps in posting. Is suspect that it's because not a lot needs to be said?? So, this game will be an experiment to see how the set runs with most of the action done in a day.
I think you can remove part of this intro by now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
RCSparrow wrote:

I think you can remove part of this intro by now.

It is canon, handed down to us by ohgrande himself. I can no more remove it than chop off my left hand.

BTW, I will be an inattentive mod this game and can only check in around lynch times. If someone else wants to be attentive mod but not play let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the bold was added by dake? Or was ohgrande the first to run the game in a day?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
I think the bold was added by dake? Or was ohgrande the first to run the game in a day?

Ohgrande. I don't think the original words have been changed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendahl Johnson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I said after the last one I was going to not play in these any more. I'll watch it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Why's the sky blue? Why's water wet?
badge
Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept?
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kit Kat
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kendahlj wrote:
I said after the last one I was going to not play in these any more. I'll watch it though.

And I said after the last one, "Oh yes you are!" But since I don't have time this week and have to do some actual work at work, I'll let you bow out of this one, too. Next week we're both in! (And that's an order.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
on-x
United States
not quite canada
flag msg tools
Did I fall asleep?
badge
Shall I go now?
mbmbmbmbmb
Dake wrote:
Apparently, you'll be playing alone this week. No one else is signing up. I can't decide whether that is kind of awesome or unimaginably sad.
Well, Dake, have fun playing against yourself. Should be entertaining for those watching anyway. I would join, but I'll wait because I'm afraid to be alone with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smilin' Stan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will probably sign up but it depends on the status of other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendahl Johnson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
irwin1138 wrote:
Dake wrote:
Apparently, you'll be playing alone this week. No one else is signing up. I can't decide whether that is kind of awesome or unimaginably sad.
Well, Dake, have fun playing against yourself. Should be entertaining for those watching anyway. I would join, but I'll wait because I'm afraid to be alone with you.

It's incredibly sad. I need a break though...and have to get some work done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any good twoer sets?

I'm willing to wait until next Friday if participation levels remain the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kit Kat
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: A Day of Niner 7: In Signup (2/9)
I'll for sure sign up next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
on-x
United States
not quite canada
flag msg tools
Did I fall asleep?
badge
Shall I go now?
mbmbmbmbmb
I got seer last time, so now my odds of being cast sorcerer have gone down to 50%.
Just to warn everyone, Dake is the seer (but not really), jage is the villager who we'll wait to lynch until day2, fedora is a wolf (but not really),
Kit Kat is the hunter and I'm sorcerer to Sparrow and Florelline (yes, modSparrowolf and afk Florellily, who can't be killed, so we win!)
Kendahlj, you're playing next week. We'll just lynch dake day1 and you'll be the best wolf ever. It's gonna be great. Sing up!
(& sign up too! Singing first will help you loosen up.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
on-x
United States
not quite canada
flag msg tools
Did I fall asleep?
badge
Shall I go now?
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up sorcerer on Cassandra. (That's not a role request. We'll just see, Sparrow.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Mendenhall
United States
Mt Pleasant,
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I could play, but I work tomorrow and next week. I'll make sure I have the following Friday off though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smilin' Stan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, turns out I will have time for this, but sadly it hasn't filled yet.
If you get it to fill in the meantime, I'll play. If not, Fast Fivers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or one night WW?
Like this one: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/9811...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the game will be delayed until next week. I won't have the availability to run fivers with this group. Sorry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smilin' Stan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
Ok, turns out I will have time for this, but sadly it hasn't filled yet. :(
I'd play a fast fiver with 11am dawn, if there's enough interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
on-x
United States
not quite canada
flag msg tools
Did I fall asleep?
badge
Shall I go now?
mbmbmbmbmb
chardir wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:
Me too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
irwin1138 wrote:
chardir wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:
Me too.
Cool. 3 more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
on-x
United States
not quite canada
flag msg tools
Did I fall asleep?
badge
Shall I go now?
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
I am not sure I entirely understand that game. Wow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [30] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.