Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dual wield - dual action ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans Dampf
msg tools

If i have equiped 2 Pistols, can i fire both if them with 1 action ?

Doug has this Matching Sets capability and i wonder what its good for, exept to fit out all other survivors.

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can. You can use a pair of any dual-wield weapons with one action. And if you have the ambidextrous skill chainsaws become dual wield!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
... and it creates only one noise token.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
allar wrote:

If i have equiped 2 Pistols, can i fire both if them with 1 action ?

Doug has this Matching Sets capability and i wonder what its good for, exept to fit out all other survivors.

Thanks


Everybody can dual-wield, but Doug's Matching Set ability means that any time he finds a weapon that can be dual-wielded, you get to search the deck and pull out the matching weapon for free.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Dampf
msg tools

Ah, ok, now i understand, thanks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephanie Baynes wrote:
Yes you can. You can use a pair of any dual-wield weapons with one action. And if you have the ambidextrous skill chainsaws become dual wield!


Doug in red, with Matching Set and Ambidextrous, is awesome.

Unfortunately by the he gets to red the equipment deck is almost always nearly empty.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Leite
Brazil
Campinas / Atibaia
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
well since when the deck is depleted you reshuffle it. I think you can look through the discard pile...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Matching Set gets you the 2nd weapon, as long as they're not all in the survivors' inventories.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Abbath wrote:
... and it creates only one noise token.


Where is this from? I'd always assumed that dual-wielded noisy weapons generate two noise.

Edit: Found it for myself, actually (Edit 2: although it seems like it would have been faster to refresh, looking at the post below, heh). It's in the rules, after all:
Zombicide Rules wrote:
A single Action can only produce a single Noise token no
matter how many dice are rolled, how many hits are obtained,
or if Dual weapons are used.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, it's in every rulebook. Dual wielding is a single action, so it generates only 1 noise.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pace Rock
Canada
flag msg tools
Ok ok ...You are telling me if I have 2 gunblades, I am not playing Doug,
I still can shoot the two gunblade in only one action and it is according to the rules.

Wow...I nerver played it like that.

And by the way, to be sure... I have 3 actions. There is 2 walkers in my zone. I am alone. I have a katana and a gun equiped in my hands. I take 1 action with the katana and I shoot with the gun 2 actions. I can do so ? Or if you start you attack, you have use only one of your equipe weapon for the rest of your turn ?

Maybe I am to hard with my way to play it....This is why I find all the missions so hard.

Have a nice day guys.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
Darkcoman wrote:
Ok ok ...You are telling me if I have 2 gunblades, I am not playing Doug,
I still can shoot the two gunblade in only one action and it is according to the rules.

Wow...I nerver played it like that.

And by the way, to be sure... I have 3 actions. There is 2 walkers in my zone. I am alone. I have a katana and a gun equiped in my hands. I take 1 action with the katana and I shoot with the gun 2 actions. I can do so ? Or if you start you attack, you have use only one of your equipe weapon for the rest of your turn ?

Maybe I am to hard with my way to play it....This is why I find all the missions so hard.

Have a nice day guys.


Dual weapons are fired with one action if both are equipped. Can be done by every survivor.

You can choose your equipped weapons for every single action. So you can fire your gun, use the katana and fire your gun again. If you want to.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pace Rock
Canada
flag msg tools
Thank you for your time to respond my silly questions. I double check my own rules book and obvioulsly I read only in diagonal all the rules.

So Thank you again for you time. Most of the rules are just obvious but still there is many of them needed clarification.

Have a nice day.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.