Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Bamer
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mb
Just wondered if anyone had found any good uses for this location?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, yeah. It's a great place to lay down a New Vampire. Even if the Hunters deal with it, they've wasted 3 turns to do so. (Departing, Arriving by Sea & fighting the Vampire, then Departing again.) I also enjoy landing there as Dracula, and then using Wolf Form with Hide. Throw down Feed and Dark Call, and you can spend quite some time in Cagliari. The best part is, if the Hunters figure it out, you can just hop on a boat and sail away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The above is exactly the reason why my first priority as a Hunter is often to find some Heavenly Host and slap that down at Cagliari.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ruvion .
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is also a bad place to get Sea Stormed in as both Italy and Spain can be quite a trappy place to be stuck in with hunters hot on your trail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dobromir Harrison
Japan
Ikebukuro
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're playing with new people, Cagliari can work wonders with a 'Hide' card. Once you've done that trick, though, it shouldn't work again! People soon learn to be wary of places on the edge of the map (Ireland is another example) and, with 4 hunters to spare, sending something to check them out isn't really that much of a pain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
"OVER THE LINE!!!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Oh, yeah. It's a great place to lay down a New Vampire. Even if the Hunters deal with it, they've wasted 3 turns to do so. (Departing, Arriving by Sea & fighting the Vampire, then Departing again.) I also enjoy landing there as Dracula, and then using Wolf Form with Hide. Throw down Feed and Dark Call, and you can spend quite some time in Cagliari. The best part is, if the Hunters figure it out, you can just hop on a boat and sail away.

Barry pretty much hits the nail on the head here. Not so sure about the wisdom of blocking Cagliari altogether - seems to me much more beneficial to block off Italy or the Iberian Peninsula. Keep in mind, however, that starting Dracula on Cagliari is a bad idea, as the first location is placed without an encounter on it.

And, as with many of the stunts you can pull as Dracula, this is definitely a one-trick pony. Unless your Hunters are very forgetful.

- IX

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it's quite that simple...there's a lot of trickery you can do. Caligari and Ireland are both common trap sites, and they're on opposite sides of the world. If you think the hunters know your tricks, just land in Spain or somewhere, but make it seem like you went to Caligari. Or such. Predictability in a game like this is just an invitation to be unpredictable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.