Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Jambo» Forums » Variants

Subject: TRY THESE CARD ADJUSTMENTS! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having plenty of fun with the game as printed. If you really think your adjustments help game play, you should describe the problem you see and how your proposed solution responds to that problem - for each change. I agree with the previous poster, some of your changes don't seem to have a rhyme or reason.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rjl152 wrote:
after playing jambo so many times, it became apparent that some cards are notably weaker than others. try these adjustments for a more balanced game!
BOAT: in addition to discarding a card, pay 1 gold.


Imo boat should not be changed. It is quite good, but only when you also have a card drawing source. Its not broken. A card is a big deal.

Quote:

SUPPLIES: you MUST discard a card. you MAY NOT pay a gold instead.


I agree that supplies is too good. This would be a good fix (and makes it only ok).

Quote:

SCALES: look at the top THREE cards, DISCARD ONE, then as normal keep one and give one to opponent.


That would be a good change, imo.

Quote:

CARRIER: played as normal, however whatever your opponent gets to do, it is only ONE, instead of two.


no opinion

Quote:

SHAMAN: delete the word ALL. for example, if you have three blues, and want to change ONLY ONE, this simple change makes it possible!


I agree.


Quote:

ARAB bidding cards: your opponent, if wanted, must over bid by at least TWO.


Yes. These two cards are the wrost in the deck.

Quote:

WEAPONS: take THREE gold instead of two.


I think weapons is already good. Shouldnt be strengthened.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
evan fitzgerald
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rjl152 wrote:
BOAT: in addition to discarding a card, pay 1 gold.

Boat is already weak.
rjl152 wrote:

SUPPLIES: you MUST discard a card. you MAY NOT pay a gold instead.

Discarding a card is too harsh. I think PAY 2. I would make the same change to Well, Pay 2. I think 2 gold for a card is reasonable.
rjl152 wrote:

SCALES: look at the top THREE cards, DISCARD ONE, then as normal keep one and give one to opponent.

I would let you look at 4. I still don't know if I would play it. Giving a card is so big because of all the things you can do with a card (even a bad one).
rjl152 wrote:

CARRIER: played as normal, however whatever your opponent gets to do, it is only ONE, instead of two.

Great change.
rjl152 wrote:

SHAMAN: delete the word ALL. for example, if you have three blues, and want to change ONLY ONE, this simple change makes it possible!

I still wouldn't play it. I would trade "all" for "any mix" you want.
rjl152 wrote:

ARAB bidding cards: your opponent, if wanted, must over bid by at least TWO.

eh - I don't think they need a change. They play fair and fun as is. Something I thought of would be the opponent couldn't look at the cards/wares.
rjl152 wrote:

WEAPONS: take THREE gold instead of two.

Getting closer to playable.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.