7 Posts

Craftsmen» Forums » Rules

Subject: Replace buildings? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brigitte den Hartog
Netherlands
flag msg tools
What is the sense of letting every player replace one of their building cards?

In the preparation of the game, page 3 point 9 says that every player can replace his lumbermill or building card (in his hand I assume, not the one's at the places on the board?). I prefer players have to start with the card they got and have te deal with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robbin van biljouw
Netherlands
den oever
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Als je handkaarten geen combinatie geven, om volgens de bouwvoorschriften te bouwen, en je tegenstanders kunnen dat wel, word het erg lastig om punten/een productielijn te organiseren. Met name als er bij de notaris ook een slechte combi aan bouwvergunningen te verkrijgen is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robbin has it right. The procedure, however, is not very clear. If you exchange a lumber mill, it is clearly against one of the spares. If you exchange a building, however, it is not clear where the replacement comes from. Until an official rule I tell players that you exchange with one of the open buildings that are available in the Notary; your building then goes to the notary instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Matusik
Poland
Andrychów
Małopolska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rulebook:
'Before the game begins, each player can replace one of his/her building cards. The player can replace his/her lumber mill card with a lumber mill card of a diff erent colour or other building card (basic, expanded). The card which the player does not want is placed on the
bottom of the appropriate pile (into the box in case of a lumber mill card). The new card is taken from the same pile (basic, expanded, lumber mill – box).'
his/her - is missing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Matusik
Poland
Andrychów
Małopolska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
To be clear:
Player starts the game with 4 buildings cards (1x lumber mill, 2x basic buildings, 1x expanded building). And from these cards he/she can change one. The card which the player does not want is placed on the bottom of the appropriate pile, and he/she takes the new card from the top of the same pile (basic, expanded, lumber mill – box).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brigitte den Hartog
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I prefer to take 1 of the 2 open cards, like Lutz said.
If the player takes the card from the top of the pile, and it doesn't match colours with any of his cards, the oppertunity of changing cards makes still no sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bridgetvh wrote:
I prefer to take 1 of the 2 open cards, like Lutz said.
If the player takes the card from the top of the pile, and it doesn't match colours with any of his cards, the oppertunity of changing cards makes still no sense.

At least you got a chance it matched the color you want... if you didn't have this option you'd definetely not have the color you wanted...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.