Subject: More questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincent Frattali
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
Can passengers start in non named cities in France, Austria etc?
Do 4+ locomotives count for removal of the 5 cards that are face up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. A passenger can be placed on either end of the link just built.
No. See a previous question in this section. The rules are not clear. They mention that a passenger can be placed in either city when a route is claimed. Country flags are not cities.

No. A 4+ locomotive isn't a regular locomitive.
Page four of the rules explains that if at any time you have three locomotive cards face up in the draw piles then they get reshuffled. This is listed specifically under the Locomotive explanation and is not mentioned under the Locomotive 4+ section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, you can't place a passenger on a flag space.

See DoW's answer to my thread from a couple of weeks back:

N.

Quote:
When you claim a route, you are allowed to place a passenger "into a city" at one end or the other.

Can you place a passenger onto a Country's flag, or does it have to be a German City ?

We played that it had to be a city, otherwise your passenger is getting the slight advantage of starting on an empty space.

Is this correct ?

N.

Yes your interpretation is correct you can only place a passenger on a city. It is in the rule page 3 in the "claiming a route " section.
Best,
Pierre@DoW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Tessier
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Spielguy wrote:
Do 4+ locomotives count for removal of the 5 cards that are face up?

No. A 4+ locomotive isn't a regular locomitive.

Is this an 'Official' response to this question or just one player's interpretation?

By my literal reading of the rules I agree with this answer but when I think about 2 of each type of Engine being out and that not causing the draw cards to be discarded and re-drawn it doesn't 'feel' right to me.

J.T.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
jtessier wrote:
Is this an 'Official' response to this question or just one player's interpretation?

J.T.

That was my unofficial and incorrect answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Tessier
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Spielguy wrote:
jtessier wrote:

J.T.

That was my unofficial and incorrect answer.

Why do you say your answer was incorrect? It seems like you are disagreeing with yourself. Which one of you is correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the second part of my answer (that 4+ locomotives are not locomitives for refreshing the draw piles) is correct. I think the organization in the rules support that.

It was my response to the first question that was incorrect. I see that you have been asking only about the second one, so my response was confusing.

Still unofficial, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.