Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Iain Mabbott
United Kingdom
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my 'Farmers' expansion delivered today, can't wait to play it!

Reading through the rulebook, I wanted to check my interpretation of the rules around the new turn order tiles.

The rulebook states; "When players win bids for the turn order tiles, they get the indicated resources in addition to the choice of boats."

Does that mean then, if no-one bids for the turn order tiles no resources are generated?

It seems that if this is the case then the 1st player marker passes as per the base game but it's the "when players win bids" bit that makes me think that in this case no resources are generated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danielle Goldman
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Seems self explanatory - if nobody bids on them, nobody gets the resources. Start player is separate from these resources and will always rotate.

If somehow the turn order tiles DID generate resources without anyone bidding on them, who would they go to? That question is impossible to answer, because clearly they don't generate resources without being bid on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Logan
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
However, the rulebook also states:

if no player bid for the turn order tile with the start player icon...then the player to the start player's left becomes the new start player and takes the purple start player marker.

It can reasonably be interpreted that this player would also get the two gold resources since the two gold resources are visually bundled with the start player marker on the expansion tile. I think this is the intent of the new tile. You may not care about going first or getting first dibs on boat tiles (especially in two player), but are you also willing to give up two gold resources as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Taylor
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see what you are saying about the picture on the tile, but I'm with Iain and Seth; you don't get the resources unless you bid on the turn order tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to make sure, do the resources these tiles produce go to your Home tile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van M.
Netherlands
Tilburg
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Azeltir wrote:
Just to make sure, do the resources these tiles produce go to your Home tile?

I guess so because they are not produced on a tile in your town.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.