Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Fortune and Glory: The Cliffhanger Game» Forums » General

Subject: What house rules (if any) do you commonly use? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim DeForest
msg tools
mbmb
With my group, we have the following house rules:

1) Berlin is always Occupied. Stop there and you have to fight Nazi Soldiers.

2) When KO'd while on an Artifact Adventure, the hero remains in that space. He still has to start the adventure from scratch, but he doesn't teleport back to his home city.

3) We tried Deadly Tests, but felt they slowed the game down. So we only use Deadly Tests if an Event Card or a Villain require it.

What house rules (if any) do the rest of you use?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas White
United States
Pacific Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The main one we use is that getting KO'd sends you to a random city. This was done to keep people from purposely losing fights to have an express ticket to their home city at the end of the game.

We also ignore Deadly Tests unless a card effect of Villain requires it (though I'm thinking of making any Deadly Tests in a Temple to be required, just to up the threat of a collapse with the new collapse rules).

Otherwise we play the game pretty straight.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason always loses. If Jason is winning or could possibly win in a turn or two we quit playing and call it a draw.

It has been far too long since this game hit the table for me to remember the house rules we used - It was one of the equipment rules.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Van
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kalel21 wrote:
With my group, we have the following house rules:

1) Berlin is always Occupied. Stop there and you have to fight Nazi Soldiers.

2) When KO'd while on an Artifact Adventure, the hero remains in that space. He still has to start the adventure from scratch, but he doesn't teleport back to his home city.

3) We tried Deadly Tests, but felt they slowed the game down. So we only use Deadly Tests if an Event Card or a Villain require it.

What house rules (if any) do the rest of you use?


We also play with the Berlin rule - though we added to it by making Chicago mob controlled. I figured it balanced the two organizations out by giving them both pseudo strongholds.

I am going to have to try out that K.O. rule; thanks! I've never been a fan of the 'teleport home' rule.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim DeForest
msg tools
mbmb
Mont Van wrote:

We also play with the Berlin rule - though we added to it by making Chicago mob controlled. I figured it balanced the two organizations out by giving them both pseudo strongholds.

I am going to have to try out that K.O. rule; thanks! I've never been a fan of the 'teleport home' rule.



You're welcome. I like the Chicago mob rule and will suggest using that next time we play.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason "J.T." Taylor
United States
North Highlands
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
blark wrote:
The main one we use is that getting KO'd sends you to a random city. This was done to keep people from purposely losing fights to have an express ticket to their home city at the end of the game.


Do you use the location cards to determine the random city?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A Dad ruling is always right (unless you can find otherwise in the rules and FAQ). whistle
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United States
Neptune City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1. If your KO'd you can't play event cards.

2. If KO'd you travel to the closest city from where you were.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas White
United States
Pacific Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jt4jc wrote:
Do you use the location cards to determine the random city?


Yep, we sure do.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flight Doc
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Since you can't interact with the game in any way after being KO'd, then no event cards can be used by you, against you, or for you, e.g. You cannot draw event cards or allies when event card give that opportunity to every player. Nor do you have to engage if fights, e.g. Dark creatures during a vile tactics roll.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.