Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick question about the Grapevine Shuttle - will attendees of the Con have to pay for a daily pass as well? I know there was a deal with parking where validation was free and I wasn't sure if the same courtesy was being extended by the shuttle.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
Except Colt Express!
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
The shuttle in previous years was provided by Rio Grande games, no pass or anything of the sort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff morales
United States
Near Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Lets Eat!
badge
I also live
mbmbmbmbmb
rdonato926 wrote:
Just a quick question about the Grapevine Shuttle - will attendees of the Con have to pay for a daily pass as well? I know there was a deal with parking where validation was free and I wasn't sure if the same courtesy was being extended by the shuttle.

Thanks!

I believe that the shuttle is sponsored by the city of grapevine's tourism dept. No fees to ride.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Mitchell
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Do I have overtext?
badge
Yes I do.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Grapevine shuttle normally costs $5/person/day...My understanding is that the Rio Grande shuttle isn't happening this year.

I'd like to see the original question answered by an admin of some sort
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nodecam wrote:
The Grapevine shuttle normally costs $5/person/day...My understanding is that the Rio Grande shuttle isn't happening this year.

I'd like to see the original question answered by an admin of some sort

I agree...I take it the RGG Shuttle is not running this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Mitchell
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Do I have overtext?
badge
Yes I do.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Wiki says:
Quote:
If you feel the need to see sunlight and a different set of 4 walls, we have contracted with the Grapevine Convention and Visitors Bureau to use their very effective and helpful Grapevine Shuttle. Day Pass tickets to use this will be available at the Check-In Desk.

Feel free to speculate as to the true meaning of those words

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe, y'all are about an hour or two ahead of schedule - I'm in the process of posting up this information this afternoon, but I'll go ahead and preview it here.

Rio Grande Games is again sponsoring a shuttle for shopping and restaurants, but the logistics of it will be different this year. Last year we contracted an independent bus company to run shuttles where all you had to do was show your wristband to ride. It turns out the usage was insufficient to justify the logistics and expense.

This year we will be using the regular Grapevine Shuttle:
http://www.grapevinetexasusa.com/shuttle/
but through Rio Grande Games' sponsorship it will still be free to ride for convention attendees. Instead of buying a ticket from the hotel's desk, come to our registration check-in desk where we will give you a ticket for the day after showing us your badge and wristband.

More info here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!!! Thanks a ton, Jeff! See ya in two weeks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Mitchell
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Do I have overtext?
badge
Yes I do.
mbmbmbmbmb
That is awesome. We did the RGG shuttle a couple of times last year, but also did the Grapevine shuttle a couple of times. They were both great, and I thank Jay and Rio Grande for once again taking care of us BGG.con goers.

My first trip down to Dallas was 2010, which I believe was the first year of the RGG shuttle, and it's made the con logistics just that much better for us out of towners. Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Ziobro
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is excellent!! Thanks, Rio Grande!!

We used the shuttle to try out a few different restaurants and to buy provisions at Target, and it was great.

JAZ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
rdonato926 wrote:
Awesome!!! Thanks a ton, Jeff! See ya in two weeks!

Two weeks? TWO WEEKS? Surely you mean "months." Right?

/me checks calendar

/me hyperventilates
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Howell                (What's Right?) (What's Wrong?)        
United States
Canoga Park
California
flag msg tools
Brought to you by Zik Zak
badge
Brought to you by Zik Zak
mbmbmbmbmb
Cross-posting from the "Food (and Beer) at BGG.CON 2013" thread:
--------------------------------------

As I believe that I previously threatened to do this, the attached link is a timetable for the shuttles compiled from the officially posted information, as well as incorporated information on dining locations parsed from Google Maps.

http://www.dxsol3.com/stuff/bgg/ShuttleTimetableandDiningOpt...

By Restaurant List Excerpt from the PDF listed above:

This is completely unofficial and the following caveats must be disclosed:

1) I am not from Texas nor do I live in Texas. Any restaurants listed may or may not exist. Other dining option may exist that are not listed.

2) Some of the dining locations listed may have a great distance to walk from the drop off/pick up locations. Be warned.

3) Times are from the Grapevine Texas USA Shuttle site (http://www.grapevinetexasusa.com/shuttle/) and their brochure (http://www.grapevinetexasusa.com/includes/content/docs/media...). Changes, omissions, and errors may exist in these documents and are subject to change. Errors and omissions may have occurred in the transfer of data to my spreadsheets.

4) USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Items that I believe that all users of this service should be aware of, based upon my interpretation of the information acquired:

= The Yellow line only runs for the first half of the day. You may be stranded at some locations if you do not make it to the pickup location for the last pickup time in the 2:00 hour.

= The Red line has limited locations and appears to convert to the Blue line upon the completion of its hour long run at the Gaylord Texan Resort. If you remain on the same shuttle, you will be then forced to ride the Blue line for an hour until it converts back to the Red line, at which point it will once again have a stop at the Hyatt Regency. This means a TWO (2) Hour round trip for that specific shuttle.

= The only ways to get on the Blue line is to use another line and wait to be picked up at a common location or ride the Red line through.

= On Sunday, only the Yellow and Green Lines run. The last shuttle run from the Hyatt Regency to the Grand on Sunday is 5:06pm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George J. Wendt
United States
Charleston
South Carolina
flag msg tools
This is my dog, Pothier, but everyone calls him Potes.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't figure out why they bother going anywhere but whataburger...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Normscoffee wrote:
I can't figure out why they bother going anywhere but whataburger...

Now that they have their Green Chile Burger. YUMMMMMMM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll: When do you think you might use the Grapevine Shuttle?
In talking with the Grapevine CVB, they anticipate the possible need of having to put on an additional shuttle based on our large number of attendees. To help with this planning I'd like to get some feedback when you think you might use it so we can make slightly better educated guesses as to when the extra shuttle would be needed.

Please check any and all times below when you think you might be riding the shuttle, either to or from the hotel.
When might you ride the shuttle (either direction)?
  10am 11am 12pm 1pm 2pm 3pm 4pm 5pm 6pm 7pm 8pm 9pm 10pm Vote Count
Wednesday 4.5% (3) 9.0% (6) 28.4% (19) 31.3% (21) 16.4% (11) 6.0% (4) 13.4% (9) 38.8% (26) 65.7% (44) 56.7% (38) 29.9% (20) 11.9% (8) 11.9% (8) 67
Thursday 4.9% (4) 9.8% (8) 28.0% (23) 29.3% (24) 14.6% (12) 3.7% (3) 14.6% (12) 39.0% (32) 63.4% (52) 56.1% (46) 26.8% (22) 14.6% (12) 11.0% (9) 82
Friday 5.7% (5) 11.4% (10) 33.0% (29) 31.8% (28) 12.5% (11) 2.3% (2) 11.4% (10) 39.8% (35) 65.9% (58) 54.5% (48) 28.4% (25) 13.6% (12) 10.2% (9) 88
Saturday 4.8% (4) 12.0% (10) 36.1% (30) 32.5% (27) 10.8% (9) 3.6% (3) 13.3% (11) 43.4% (36) 62.7% (52) 59.0% (49) 26.5% (22) 12.0% (10) 9.6% (8) 83
Sunday 8.6% (3) 22.9% (8) 37.1% (13) 42.9% (15) 14.3% (5) 5.7% (2) 8.6% (3) 25.7% (9) 45.7% (16) 54.3% (19) 22.9% (8) 11.4% (4) 14.3% (5) 35
Total Voters 105
This poll is now closed.   105 answers
Poll created by CaptainQwyx
Closes: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:00 am

Thanks for your input!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Johnson
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
Keep Playin'!
badge
I like games. I like Calvin and Hobbes. Oh, but I like games more.
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainQwyx wrote:
When do you think you might use the Grapevine Shuttle?

I'm planning to ride it out to Target to do some shopping for food/breakfast stuff on Tuesday afternoon/evening... guess I'll have to pay for a pass since it's before everything starts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Awesome
United States
A-Nation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
So this year instead of providing the bus, Rio Grande Games is only providing your ticket...to...ride?
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher D.
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
captainawesome wrote:
So this year instead of providing the bus, Rio Grande Games is only providing your ticket...to...ride?

That was ... Awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Lane
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
My Christian fraternity brothers mattress surfing at Summit (nationwide gathering)
mbmbmbmbmb
captainawesome wrote:

Have some for the great laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
captainawesome wrote:

But but but...TtR is published by Days of Wonder. I think, in this case, you can say that Rio Grande Games is fronting the Money! to bus you around the Metropolys, so you and your Funny Friends (and Famiglia) can Goa to whatever Burger Joint (or Quilt Show) you want. And given that the bus follows a published route, you don't even need a Navegador to Zig-Zag across the Big City. Piece o' Cake!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.