Helen Holzgrafe
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I DON'T want to trouble Aldie with this (he's had enough for one week, I think), but I am hoping one of the other admins might be able to help me with this.

I am trying to start a Game Donation Drive on BGG for Soldiers in Iraq and (hopefully) VA hospitals for those recovering there as well.

I posted to the general gaming forum, but it just seems to get lost and fall off the front page within an hour or two and I am afraid no one is seeing it long enough. I am hoping to get my original posting about this pinned on the front page for a while.

I am hoping some people are already looking into it and contacting their loved ones in Iraq to see if they want to be a part of it. That will take several days at least. I don't want the original posting to get lost in the shuffle in the meantime. Here's the link to it:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/106597

Right now I am just asking for names of soldiers who want to receive games from the drive. In a few weeks (maybe as early as 2 weeks) I hope to have this up and running as a geeklist.

I just need more people to see it.

Is this possible to do? If it's not okay to do it that's fine. I am not sure what the right thing to do really is.

-Helen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie and probably several of the other admins are either getting ready for, going to, or already at the Gathering of Friends. They might not have rime to read the forums, but there is a decent chance they are checking Geek Mail. I recommend you make this request directly to an admin. See this page for a list:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekforum.php3?action=viewmods

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.