Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This was the second play for our Friday group. It was Ally, Justin and I, with Dara having her first play. We drew for turn order, with Justin, me, then Dara, and Ally last.

I thought I would try something different this game. I would replace all the pink resource buildings with residences and put wood and stone resource buildings of my own out, gaining points and cash.

My plan was foiled pretty quickly. As soon as I built a brown resource building, everyone else followed suit, or did one better and built a stone one, so mine didn’t see any more usage than anyone else’s. The same thing happened with the residence. Everyone else bought one right after I did. Then everyone started going after the gold, so it was extra scarce, so Dara wound up getting a prestige building better than mine. Ally managed to get one through favors and ended up winning the game as a result.

Justin lost the first time we played because I controlled the provost and moved him back far enough to stop Justin from building the 25 point presige building. As a result of that game, he was all over the provost this game, and blocked several people’s workers turn after turn.

I controlled the inn for almost the whole game, and still really like that, as it allows you to control the provost a good deal.

I really like this game, and Ally and I even got into a conversation about it a day after the game was over. I expect we’ll be playing a lot of this one for quite a while to come.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.