David Bohlander
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is the fifth in a series documenting games of Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game using Advanced Solo Mode rules. All games are constructed randomly using the Legendary Wheel of Fate tool.

The Setup
Heroes: Deadpool, Elektra, Iron Fist
Mastermind: Magneto
Scheme: Transform Citizens into Demons
Villains: Masters of Evil
Henchmen: Savage Land Mutates

The Strategy
Other than the fact that I was facing down Magneto without an X-Man in sight, this looked like a strong team. Both Elektra’s and Deadpool’s uncommon cards looked like they would provide strong attack power with the heroes, so all I had to do was load up on the cheap 1-, 2- and 3-cost cards these heroes provided and wait for the uncommon to finish the job. The only real drawback was that there would be few ways to purge my deck of the SHIELD starter cards.

How Did it Work?
The strategy worked so well that this game was rather boring. An uneven first hand of five SHIELD Agents and one SHIELD trooper let me recruit the uncommon Oddball Deadpool on my first turn. I proceeded to grab cheap Deadpool and Elektra cards on my next few turns, and the second fight my team engaged in was with a Magneto tactic card. I only fought four villains and three demon goblins before I had enough attack to take down the fourth Magneto tactic and win the game. This was one of my least interesting wins.

Results
Victory. The team's adjusted score was 20 points. I got a handful of demerits for letting two villains escape, one of whom was carrying a Bystander. There seemed little point in taking down villains when I could punch the mastermind in the face. The team endured two Scheme Twists and two Master Strikes.

The Final Deck
7x SHIELD Agent
4x SHIELD Trooper

3x Here, Hold This for a Second Deadpool
1x Hey, Can I Get a Do Over Deadpool
2x Oddball Deadpool
1x Random Acts of Unkindness Deadpool

3x First Strike Elektra
1x Ninjitsu Elektra
1x Sai Blades Elektra

1x Focus Chi Iron Fist

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.