Subject: Kickstarter Hazard Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
Where are the rules? How do you force someone to take a hazard card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You pay a ticket on your turn to have someone draw a Hazard card. Did you not receive rules with the Hazard cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
I did not receive rules with my hazard cards. I received two copies of the game, two sets of miniatures and two shrinkwrapped decks containing travel tickets and hazard cards.

I had to take all the Styrofoam peanuts out of the box to find the second deck. I just checked again and there is nothing else.

I would appreciate a copy. If you don't want to upload them to the files area an email copy will work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan White
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not receive rules for them either (but I will also check my box again). I saw that you posted rules here on BGG, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
how many miniatures should we have gotten? i received 4 of each color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterHendee wrote:
I did not receive rules with my hazard cards. I received two copies of the game, two sets of miniatures and two shrinkwrapped decks containing travel tickets and hazard cards.

I had to take all the Styrofoam peanuts out of the box to find the second deck. I just checked again and there is nothing else.

I would appreciate a copy. If you don't want to upload them to the files area an email copy will work.

peter, second deck? i found 1 bag of mini's(24 total), 1 hazard deck, and 3 bags of sleeves. that's correct right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason, 4 of each color miniature is correct. Also for the Hazard Deck you can only make each person draw a single card the entire game. Once someone has drawn one they can't be made to draw another.

Sorry about all this. I've yet to receive any games myself, so I'm going on information I've received from others. Since I wasn't local, I wasn't able to advice on the best way of shipping, which would have included rules for the Hazard deck and probably bagging the extras so they wouldn't scatter in the box. I probably should have traveled to their location to give my input. I will next time.

Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Connolly
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter apparently ordered two games.

I ordered one and got:
1 game box containing board; destination, explorer, and event cards; cardboard sheets with punchouts for tickets, destination markers, first player badge; 3 bags of colored arrows; a few extra bags for storage
1 bag of miniatures, total of 24 - 4 of each color
1 wrapped package of hazard and travel cards
1 bag of sleeves for hazard and travel cards
2 bags of sleeves for destination, explorer, and event cards

We might be doing something wrong, but there doesn't seem to be any use for the cardboard punchouts if you got the KS bonuses, except maybe the first player badge. We replaced the cardboard tickets with the travel cards and the destination markers with the miniatures. We use unused color minis to indicate the public destinations. I guess thepunchouts will be necessary for later retail purchasers if the minis and travel cards don't become part of the basic package.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pat keep the colored token punchouts. You can use them to place on Secret Destinations, if you play with that variant. They show which cards you have looked at and also when you score Secret Destinations, the tokens will identify which cards are worth 2 points to you at the end of the game. That's how I use them.

The minis and large tickets will not be in the retail version.

The punchout tickets are not useful for KS buyers.

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron belmer
United States
Webster Groves
St Louis
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered the bundle of 5 games. Man, game looks beautiful!!!!!

I didnt get hazard card rules, nor did i get sleeves (were we all supposed to, cant remember).

Hazrd cards seem easy enough just by jason's explanation. Playing this tomorrow night. Cant wait, you should be very proud, production quality is top notch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Aaron. I was just looking at the game again. Very happy with the results.

Hazard cards are easy to use. I just wouldn't use them with casual gamers. Enjoy the game.

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan White
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to get off topic too much but….does anyone else prefer the cardboard tickets to the "Travel" cards or am I the only one? And that's a great idea using the other explorers for public destinations. I think I may try and find something similar...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I prefer the cardboard tickets to the smaller new cards but I am planning to use the tokens which might be easier to use than either set of cards.

In general the production value is great. In particular the sturdy box, the map, and the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
28green wrote:
Not to get off topic too much but….does anyone else prefer the cardboard tickets to the "Travel" cards or am I the only one? And that's a great idea using the other explorers for public destinations. I think I may try and find something similar...

Me too Jonathan. I just like the thickness and feel of the small cardboard tokens, but for me, half of any game is the tactile feedback of the components. I love just to play with the pieces sometimes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you guys get the notion, please feel free to rate the game. It's been difficult getting attention for this game. There seems to be a lot of noise in the gaming world right now with all the new releases and kickstarter. And I think casual gamer would really enjoy this game. Thanks again for buying your copy. -Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry George
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Jason[/q]

I would disagree. I like the tickets much better than the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Jason

midnightmagic wrote:
I would disagree. I like the tickets much better than the cards.

I also like the punch out tickets. I'm good with either type, but favor the punch out chipboard slightly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kuster
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not receive the sleeves but everything else is there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
roberious wrote:
I did not receive the sleeves but everything else is there.

Those were an add-on at an additional cost. I didn't add them to my purchase. Game looks great. I also prefer to use the cardboard ticket tokens... Interesting how each of these "arrow" games vary slightly from each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Perrochon
msg tools
designer
publisher
Designer of "Startup Fever"
badge
Designer of "Startup Fever".
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't get hazard rules either. Just sayin' Rules are simple enough that this is not a big deal. Hazard cards are quite grave, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina McDuffie
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Visit TheGlassMeeple.com for game reviews and run-throughs by me.
badge
She who laughs... lasts!
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not receive rules for my Hazard cards either. Thanks for posting them here.

Many, many thanks, too for reprinting this game! The additions look interesting, too, but I haven't had a chance to try them out. Just got my first play (of new version) tonight.

This new board is beautiful and much easier for me to read than the old National Geographic board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina McDuffie
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Visit TheGlassMeeple.com for game reviews and run-throughs by me.
badge
She who laughs... lasts!
mbmbmbmbmb
enditen wrote:
If you guys get the notion, please feel free to rate the game.

Done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
28green wrote:
I did not receive rules for them either (but I will also check my box again). I saw that you posted rules here on BGG, though.

I'm sure I'm overlooking it, but where are the Hazard Card rules? I see the files section has a scan of the rules but I didn't see anything about Hazard cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
second post in this this thread...

Pay a ticket to force someone of your choice to take a hazard card. Each person is only allowed to be assigned one hazard card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
larryjrice wrote:
second post in this this thread...

Pay a ticket to force someone of your choice to take a hazard card. Each person is only allowed to be assigned one hazard card.

Thanks, I saw that but when I read 'rules posted', I was thinking something in the files section but if that's the only rule then obviously a separate post isn't needed.

I'm assuming the text on the Hazard cards are self explanatory? (I'm picking up a copy tomorrow)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.