5 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Strategy

Subject: OP3 build idea rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grand Hortus

Arizona
msg tools
I'm heading into my second OP event this weekend. I got second place in the last. (There were only four of us though.) I think this build has the potential to be strong but I'm unsure about the whole planet war thing. Let me know what you think.

I.K.S. Ch'tang (Kli) -- (22)
Capt. Toreth (Rom 4+1)
Interphase Generator (Rom 3+1)
Antimatter Mines (Fed 5+1)
Photon Torpedoes (Kli 3)

K'T'Inga class (Kli) -- (22)
Capt. Krell (Kli 2)
Antimatter Mines (Fed 5+1)
Photon Torpedoes (Kli 3)

I.R.W. Praetus (Rom) -- (14)
Capt. Donatra (Romulan 4)
Cloaked Mines (Romulan 3)
Photon Torpedoes (Romulan 5)

Total = 100

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed. In the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater, our last best hope for victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if those cloaked mines have been reprogrammed to not identify the Klingon ships as enemy units.

If you have not already confirmed mixed builds as allowed, I would advise doing so or at least having a faction specific build ready.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Interesting, my op3 is this weekend too. Where you playing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the planet war 4 ships is FAR better than 3. However, 3 ships does okay since most everyone else will be going 3 ships (at least that's how it was at the OP3 I attended)

I think the use of mines for you will be very beneficial. You can funnel your opponent to either side of the planet by jumping forward and placing the cloaked mines during the 2nd turn planning phase. This will group them for when you drop the antimatter mines on their ships.

I see this build as being very strong to go 3-0, but you'll need a good bit of luck to also get the planet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ah, in that case, I'm running the defiant, chtang and apnex, going for max maneuverability. Its going to be crazy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.