Hide
7 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » Variants

Subject: Printing questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kay Dee
msg tools
Hey all, I'm looking at making some custom items and spawn cards, and was wondering..

- how are you guys doing it? What sort of paper/thickness (GSM) are you guys using? I would assume the item/spawn cards are about 200 - 250 GSM. (if anyone knows the exact thickness please share ^^)

- How are you guys going about with the double sided printing? are you actually printing them double sided, or just one sided (aka: printing both front and back on one side of the paper and then folding it)

Obviously I want to replicate the original as close as possible, but keeping cost low is the main priority! Any suggestions or advice is greatly appriciated! =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting the size right, the gloss on the card and the thickness would be very difficult. If you are only slightly off on any of them, your card will be detectable in a pack of cards. Perhaps putting them in sleeves is the answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Artscow is a good place to get cards printed up
http://www.artscow.com/gallery/uk
Amos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Jordan

Anchorage
Alaska
msg tools
Check out this thread:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/901298/the-semi-official-cus...

The first page has a great little photoshop tut on how to design cards. The second or third page has a printing guide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Watterson
England
flag msg tools
mb
Have you thought about eBaying a pack of the foreign spawn cards and then sticking your new designs over the top of the foreign stuff. (probably coulda worded that better)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
zwixxx wrote:
Have you thought about eBaying a pack of the foreign spawn cards and then sticking your new designs over the top of the foreign stuff. (probably coulda worded that better)

That's a good idea. I believe the Walk of the Dead box set comes with cards in 3 languages. I might try that myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Watterson
England
flag msg tools
mb
If that's the extra set of zombies for S1 then (1) I eBayed that and (2) yup, it comes with a French set and a Spanish set - which gave me the "hey, I know what I can do with these" idea.

Unfortunately (maybe), the zombie activation cards have a yellow backing, whilst the equipment ones have red which would mean you'd be forewarned if your next search would reveal one of your new equipment items. Darn it. yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.