7 Posts

Steam» Forums » General

Subject: Question for Color Blind Steam Players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
r b
United States
flag msg tools
Has anyone had trouble differentiating between the blue and purple cities on the board (and the corresponding goods cubes)? I am considering asking for this for Christmas and just wanted to make sure I'd be able to tell a difference (in some pictures the blue and purple look pretty similar).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
Re: Question for Color Blind Steam Colors
royal tenenbaum wrote:
Has anyone had trouble differentiating between the blue and purple cities on the board (and the corresponding goods cubes)? I am considering asking for this for Christmas and just wanted to make sure I'd be able to tell a difference (in some pictures the blue and purple look pretty similar).

My friend has a bit of trouble with this. We often play with a desk lamp over the board as better lighting seems to help with a lot of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note that the purple cities are numbered with a black number, and the blue cities are numbered with a white number (for Mayfair maps)...

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
r b
United States
flag msg tools
AlexYeager wrote:
Also note that the purple cities are numbered with a black number, and the blue cities are numbered with a white number (for Mayfair maps)...

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games

Awesome! I had not noticed that on the pictures I've been looking at of the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Bezzant
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
"Everyone wants to be unique, but no one wants to be different."
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexYeager wrote:

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games

Thanks for the info Alex! I've usually play Age of Steam, and had to mark up the tiles in order to play it (as mentioned on my blog, The Colour-Blind Gamer, but I'm glad that you guys came up with a much more elegant solution! I'll make a mention of this the next time I post a Hints & tips Article.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Chan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Except for Steam Map Expansion #1. My copy does not have the black/white numbers to differentiate between purple and blue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
r b
United States
flag msg tools
As a follow up, I did receive this game as a gift and am very pleased to report that the player colors and the good cubes colors are all very distinct and different. I have not gotten to play just yet, but am very much looking forward to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.