Pandemic» Forums » General

Subject: Contacted Z-Man Games requesting missing cards...no reply. Help? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon Richards
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted Z-Man Games a couple of weeks ago as the box I bought was missing two of the cards. I supplied proof of postage as requested. But I have yet to hear back from them? Is this normal? I'm in the UK, if that makes any difference. I tried to contact them again since but still nothing. They have a 30-days-from-purchase-date limit so I'm a bit concerned as the clock is ticking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Training field technicians at trade school level
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
Ridiculous. Come on, Z-Man, how hard is it to at least confirm the request has been received in good order?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd email them from their site, and on here, as well as try to call them if there's a number available. The more you push, the quicker you'll get a reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Anthes
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wulfgar22 wrote:
I contacted Z-Man Games a couple of weeks ago as the box I bought was missing two of the cards. I supplied proof of postage as requested. But I have yet to hear back from them? Is this normal? I'm in the UK, if that makes any difference. I tried to contact them again since but still nothing. They have a 30-days-from-purchase-date limit so I'm a bit concerned as the clock is ticking.

I emailed them a few months ago about a missing cube. Never got a return email, but a new cube showed up in the mail a couple weeks later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
You should get an auto confirmation email when you first inquire. You won't necessarily get one they the item ships, sometimes the items just show up. I've had to get 3 or 4 replacements this year without a problem. Give them a week then email again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
coco roco
Moldova
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I do not understand. How is it that a publisher as big as Z MAN to forget to put in the box (which is quite expensive so) sometimes a cube, sometimes a card, sometimes wrong board? How is that possible?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ciji wrote:
I do not understand. How is it that a publisher as big as Z MAN to forget to put in the box (which is quite expensive so) sometimes a cube, sometimes a card, sometimes wrong board? How is that possible?

It's called cheap labor, the games come from china
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krawhitham B
New Zealand
Napier
Hawkes Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
ciji wrote:

No, it's called Bad Quality Control. Followed by Bad Customer Service. This has nothing to do with where the product is made.

Taking this long to correct a fault that makes the game unplayable is not acceptable. Board gamers really need to stop seeing this kind of treatment as OK and normal. Advice such as "send them another email in a week if you don't hear back" is sad to hear.

Automated responses to the initial enquiry is fine, but I would expect a follow up email to acknowledge the outcome of the complaint and details of the outcome.

Seriously, how long does it take to copy and paste a standard "We are sorry your game was incomplete and we have posted your missing items to you".

Basic stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools

As much as I dislike returning a game to the place of purchase for a couple missing bits, I would absolutely do it in this case.

If they don't respond, taking it back while you're still in the return window is the only way to make sure you don't get screwed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Krawhitham wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
ciji wrote:

No, it's called Bad Quality Control. Followed by Bad Customer Service. This has nothing to do with where the product is made.

Taking this long to correct a fault that makes the game unplayable is not acceptable. Board gamers really need to stop seeing this kind of treatment as OK and normal. Advice such as "send them another email in a week if you don't hear back" is sad to hear.

Automated responses to the initial enquiry is fine, but I would expect a follow up email to acknowledge the outcome of the complaint and details of the outcome.

Seriously, how long does it take to copy and paste a standard "We are sorry your game was incomplete and we have posted your missing items to you".

Basic stuff.

I've had to get parts 4 seperate times this year and two times regarding pandemic and have always gotten my items within 2 weeks. That's more than reasonable and without knowing all the facts from the op we can't totally fault z-man. Put down the pitchfork it's too soon to riot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Richards
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two cards were missing. I emailed Z-Man a couple of weeks ago and got the automated response but have not heard back from them since. I emailed a second time and still nothing. It may be that they've already sent out the missing cards to me but I haven't received anything yet and I would have expected a follow-up email to confirm this if they have done so....seems not, though, from what people are saying. That said, I posted on their FB page and got a reply that they'd look into things for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Larson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We have a new contact system, which you can find here:

http://zmangames.com/contactez-nous.php

Put in a new request through this system, and you should get a response pretty fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Richards
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlmoAtF2Z wrote:

Put in a new request through this system, and you should get a response pretty fast.

That's the one I used. And despite having been told on the Pandemic FB page that they'd look into it and get back to me asap...still not heard anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulfgar22 wrote:
AlmoAtF2Z wrote:

That's the one I used. And despite having been told on the Pandemic FB page that they'd look into it and get back to me asap...still not heard anything.

You're not very patient are you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Richards
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Wulfgar22 wrote:
AlmoAtF2Z wrote:

You're not very patient are you

I was patient for a week or so. Not so much now. I figure if I make a bit of noise then hopefully someone from Z-Man will confirm that the missing cards are coming my way...and then I can play the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the game is unplayable then exchange it while you can. Otherwise send a polite message to:

Sophie Gravel
Canada
Canada
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Richards
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
If the game is unplayable then exchange it while you can. Otherwise send a polite message to:

Sophie Gravel
Canada
Canada
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb

Thanks for your help. You'll be pleased to hear that my polite enquiries both here and on FB have been successful and Z-Man games have confirmed they are sending me the missing cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Richards
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Though as of today I'm still waiting....and it's been 5 weeks since I initially contacted Z-Man Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch I feel you....cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulfgar22 wrote:
Though as of today I'm still waiting....and it's been 5 weeks since I initially contacted Z-Man Games.

I believe they send everything via surface mail.

Right about when you've just about forgotten about them because you gave up hope a few weeks ago - that's when they'll arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krawhitham B
New Zealand
Napier
Hawkes Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Wulfgar22 wrote:

Right about when you've just about forgotten about them because you gave up hope a few weeks ago - that's when they'll arrive.

But this is why it is so important to acknowledge complaints and then detail the outcome, with expectations for a resolution.

How much time must Z-man waste going through emails from people who contact them 3-4 times, when they have actually resolved the issue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Anthes
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I will be contacting them this week myself. I discovered my copy of Dungeon Petz has 11 yellow Imps and only 9 blue Imps. I was able to "paint" the extra yellow one with a big blue Sharpie, but I am definitely going to be requesting a replacement, as that game ain't cheap...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Richards
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krawhitham wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Wulfgar22 wrote:

But this is why it is so important to acknowledge complaints and then detail the outcome, with expectations for a resolution.

How much time must Z-man waste going through emails from people who contact them 3-4 times, when they have actually resolved the issue?

Exactly. I wouldn't mind waiting if a) I knew they had definitely sent them (the only response I got from them was an email after a couple of weeks chasing to say that they would be sending out the missing cards shortly) and b) I knew when to expect them (and, therefore, not start worrying that they've gone missing in the post).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Anthes
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Their new contact form requires you to upload a copy of the receipt for the game (within 30 days of purchase). I bought the damn thing 6 months ago, but just got around to playing it last night. I'm not digging around for the receipt, even if I had purchased last week. So I sent an alternate image:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Contacted them on the 15th November and got a reply that they had sent my replacement yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.