Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the booster packs be randomized or fixed? I think that answer is likely going to determine whether or not I pick up this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arne
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
radynski wrote:
Will the booster packs be randomized or fixed? I think that answer is likely going to determine whether or not I pick up this game.

thumbsup

(I don't like random boosters either)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutger ter Maten
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fourmyle21 wrote:
radynski wrote:

thumbsup

(I don't like random boosters either)

third!
If it's just buy a lot but know what you buy I'm in, if it's buy 7000 to get one new die, I'm out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath K
United States
Sabina
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure these will be blind purchases. You get two dice and two cards for $0.99
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Grant
United States
Buffalo Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
geekmail to jimgrant
badge
geekmail to jimgrant
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree -- if I like the game, I'll go in big, but I like to know what I'm getting as well rather than have "wasted purchases" sitting in my collection while I still may not get a particular rare card/die/figure that I want to use. That's why Mage Wars is feeling better to me than Magic the Gathering even though I prefer the MTG game. I think this combination of mechanism (dice building) and theme (superheroes) has enormous potential for expansions and would have loved to see the projections and analyses WizKids did to compare the potential of collectible product lines to more standard expansions like Quarriors did or the LCGs do. Seems like an interesting business case...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
That price is plenty cheap for me to jump in. Awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacie Winters
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a game I need to see a good review of before I spend any money on it. If it followed the LCG format instead of the blind format than I'd be more inclined to buy into it also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
It's blind, but for a buck a pack I'm willing to take a chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutger ter Maten
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anyone have a link to the confirmation it's blind as well as the price?

EDIT: ok the price was on BGG, and I'm blind, but what about the blind expansions? Any confirmation (I expect them to be blind, but still would like a confirmation on that as well as they're buying rarer cards/dice)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Brozik
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Coolstuffinc has this listed for preorder, starter is $9.99 and a box of 60 boosters @ $39.99 ($.67/pack.) I was thinking "pass" as well, but the price seems reasonable. Hopefully there's no "buy a brick of boosters to get overpowered promo X."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutger ter Maten
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CABRISC wrote:
Coolstuffinc has this listed for preorder, starter is $9.99 and a box of 60 boosters @ $39.99 ($.67/pack.) I was thinking "pass" as well, but the price seems reasonable. Hopefully there's no "buy a brick of boosters to get overpowered promo X."

hadn't seen that yet, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Rodriguez
United States
Tomball
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The $10 starter set for 44 dice is extremely tempting...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hurley
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Starter Set MSRP is $14.99 for 44 dice
Booster Packs are blind, 2 dice, only 99 cents

The collectability aspect doesn't thrill me, but the price point is very appealing. It looks like the play is similar to Quarriors (which I love), but with PVP mechanics instead of a "dungeon".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that this will be a hit. You take the core of Quarriors! and add the characters and powers of the Marvel universe and you have the makings of a great game.

If you want more information for this game check out what a gentleman has posted on Youtube. His user name is Vexacus4666 or just type in Marvel Dice Masters and look for his name. He goes into detail about what you get in both cards and dice. While he does not go deep into the game or how it is played, he does give a lot more information than I have found anywhere online (at the time I am posting this that is.)

As for the price point? I am interested in seeing how far a booster box (60 booster packs) and starter will take me as this is what I have put in for preorder. But for $15 for a starter and only a $1 per booster pack, I think I am in for a treat (note: cheaper if you purchase online on both the starter and booster case.) Till next time...

Game on;
-John-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutger ter Maten
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
found this old post with a mock-up of both starter and boosters, so blind is sort-of confirmed now:

http://www.heroclixworld.com/hcw/Articles.aspx?ID=536A
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Does anyone know what "D" and "H" stand for on the Hero cards? Do they have analogs in Quarriors?

I assume D is for defense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutger ter Maten
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
Does anyone know what "D" and "H" stand for on the Hero cards? Do they have analogs in Quarriors?

I assume D is for defense.

I would assume Defense and Health
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the boosters already being confirmed as being a blind purchase the questions now are how many different die and cards are there going to be? So far I have seen characters such as the Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Deadpool just to name a few. There are also going to be villains so if you have a favorite villain there is a chance she/ he may very well show up.

From what I have heard there are going to be different cards for each character. I do not know any specifics about these cards but if I could guess it would be something along the lines of giving them different powers and/or showing what team they have been with (such as Captain America before he was a Avenger and Captain America when he is an Avenger.)

Also known is that there are going to be what are called sidekick dice. They will not get a card and that is all I know about the sidekick dice (one of the Captain America cards state that your sidekick gets +1 to D and +1 to H.)

The game gets more and more interesting and here is to hoping that it is done right and we have a fun game in our hands come December 4th. Till next time...

Game on;
-John-

FF forever!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.