Popular Tags: [View All]
Dwarf Bashful the 6th
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even though most of this questions are also in the FAQ for the Exodus: Proxima Centauri first edition, we decided to start a new forum for Exodus: Proxima Centauri (revised edition) rules to avoid confusion.

Resources & Population

Q: Do I pay tax for the resources I had before together with the new ones?
A: No, it is a tax per income, not per fortune. You pay tax for what you get ‘fresh’ that turn.

Q: My stash of Population cubes ran out. They are all out on Planets. What do I do next?
A: This stock is limited. Your clone factory can only produce a limited number without significant genetic degeneration. You will just have to better manage your Population.

Q: What happens if I am attacked and all my ships and my Population are destroyed?
A: Every turn, the clone factory on your Home Planet produces two Population cubes. That can be a fresh start for you.

Q: Can Population belonging to two or more players coexist on the same planet?
A: Yes! They’re not happy about it, but they can.

Q: So, in this case, who gets resources first? Does it matter how much Population we have there?
A: The resources are taken in turn order. The amount of Population counts only for getting VP at the end of the game.

Q: There is no Axinium Planet near me and I cannot get enough Axinium to build all the ships that I want. What do I do?
A: Use Trade. For greater efficiency, research Advanced Trading, this way your trade rates will also improve.

Politics and turn order

Q: When distributing Turn Order cards before the first turn, which ones should we use?
A: In a N-player game, used the cards with numbers 1 to N. For example, in a 4-player game use the cards 1,2,3 and 4.

Actions

Q: Can multiple players select the same Action card for their Reaction?
A: Every Reaction may only be activated once, so it is available only to the first player that puts Population on it.

Q: I researched Expert Politics and I am reacting on my own card, so I don’t have to spend any population to activate it. How do I mark it spent?
A: Simply flip the card on the other side.

Q: Do players have to use the Bonus Action?
A: No, the use of the Bonus Action is not mandatory.

Research and Technologies

Q: How do I get to play more Actions per turn?
A: Research Master Politics, it provides the third Action.

Q: Can I un-research or lose a technology that I’ve already researched?
A: No.

Q: I keep rolling the ‘wrong’ dice when I need to deploy my Population. What else can I do?
A: Research Landing Maneuver, you won’t have to roll the die at all.

Q: Does Basic Politics work between the 2nd and 3rd Action (Master Politics researched)?
A: No, Basic Politics only allows you to take your Action card back before playing your second Action.

Q: Which technologies provide a discount for Basic Research?
A: Any other technology.

Q: If two or more players have researched Civilian Ships, they are both free to move population between planets during the Conquest stages. Who does it first?
A: This is done in reversed turn order.

Trade

Q: Can I use the market if I do not have any cubes left?

Q: Does Advanced Trading allow a player to buy and sell with a single exchange?
A: Advanced trading allows you to buy and to sell. However, one exchange is either buying OR selling.

Q: I used Trade as my first Action and I plan to use it again as a Reaction and then as a Bonus Action. Do I need to block a place on the market each time?
A: Yes, every time a Trade Action is performed, one space one the market is blocked, regardless if that player has already performed another Trade Action.

Upgrades

Q: There are no more upgrades of the kind that I want. What can I do?
A: Try to research a different technology that is still available which provides a similar upgrade.

Q: I have many ships but they’re easily defeated in combat. What’s the problem?
A: Try to put better ship upgrades on their blueprints.

Q: If I move shields away from the blueprints of ships with damage so that the damage accumulated exceeds the total value of the shields, do I have to destroy those ships?
A: Yes, as soon as the damage on a ship exceeds the amount the shields can carry, the ship is destroyed immediately.

Building Ships

Q: There are enemy ships orbiting my Home planet. Can I still build ships?
A: Yes

Q: So, what happens then? Do we fight immediately?
A: You do not fight immediately. During the Conquest stage, everyone gets to move their ships before battle. If the enemy ships are too powerful, you have the option to run away with your ships. You get
to mount population, place movement tokens and execute them before the actual battle takes place.

Q: In the last turn, the selected bonus Action was MOVE. How many Conquest Stages do we perform and when does everyone get the Radar tech?
A: You will go one by one through three Conquest Stages. The Radar is awarded to everyone before the third Conquest Stage.

Centaurian Resistance

Q: I am in the middle of a combat and I have in my hand a Centaurian Resistance card that gives me a better shield. Can I use it to upgrade my shield?
A: No, these cards can be used only outside the Conquest stage. You will be able to use it next turn.

Q: I am the ‘guy on the left’ controlling the Centaurian Resistance and I am not sure what is the best way to distribute the damage of the Resistance ship. What do I do?
A: Target ships with Population if you can deal enough damage to take them down. Then, go for the most expensive ship or for many weak ships. If you’re still in doubt, just hit something, it will be fun.

Ship Movement and Battle

Q: Can I retreat from a battle?

Q: Can I move my ships through spaces containing non friendly ships? For example I have a ship with Fusion Drive and I move through a hex containing non-friendly ships to get to a tile with no other ships.
Would this work?
A: Yes, it is possible.

Q: Before the last Conquest Stage of the last turn does a player automatically get the Radar even if he has no more cubes to place on his technology tree?
A: Radar is awarded to all players and there no need to mark it on the player board.

Q: At the end of the player-vs-player combat, no players have ships left in the hex. Who gets the VP for the destroyed ships?
A: No one. It is a rare case but it can happen. If no one survived the battle, no one gets the glory.

If you have any questions or something is not clear for you on how to play Exodus: Proxima Centauri (revised edition), please feel free to ask here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo DC
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone!

After a quick read of the rules, Im just wondering if It is mandatory to get the resources from planets, and if the response is yes, which order will be the correct one? First CP, then Axinium and finally Phasium? This is important because, for example, if you have few CPs, and you need Phasium, it is possible that you dont have enough CP to pay the Phasium taxes because you must first pay the taxes for the Axinium.

Thank you very much and sorry for my poor english, its not my mother language.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice resource... will it be available as pdf or something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwarf Bashful the 6th
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Nake,

Here are the answers to you questions:

Nake wrote:

After a quick read of the rules, Im just wondering if It is mandatory to get the resources from planets (...)

As long as there are resources you do 'have to' get income.

Nake wrote:
(...) and if the response is yes, which order will be the correct one? First CP, then Axinium and finally Phasium? This is important because, for example, if you have few CPs, and you need Phasium, it is possible that you dont have enough CP to pay the Phasium taxes because you must first pay the taxes for the Axinium.

Yes, it is important in which order you are taking the resources from the planets. And the order is:
- C.P. income
-Axinium income and tax
-Phasium income and tax

Therefor, "if you cannot pay the tax, you may not take Axinium and Phasium from the Planets" - page 5 of the Rule Book in the section I. Upkeep Stage.

Enjoy playing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo DC
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agnieszkaemilia wrote:

As long as there are resources you do 'have to' get income.

Ok, and if you have the technology to take two resources from the planet, do you have to get them or is only one obligatory and the other one is up to you?

Thank you for your responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Novac
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The second one is optional

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwarf Bashful the 6th
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
Nice resource... will it be available as pdf or something?

Ingo, now you can get the whole rule book and the FAQ is also there.
Revised Edition_Rules in English
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alwin Derijck
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect!

Glad the distinction was made.

Cheers,
Alwin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state: "Population can descend without restrictions on any 'single' Planet (that includes all Home Planets)."

Looking at all the planets, no CP producing planets have moons. All resource producing planets have moons, with the exception of a few which have rings. Are these "ringed" planets to be treated as single planets (no restrictions), or are they to be considered "mooned" planets (Roll to deploy)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason S
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about Action Stage: Mining

Rule Book-Page 4: Mining-replenish up to 4 resources on your planets
*is that mean I can replenish from 1-4 of my choice?

Rule Book-Page 7: Mining- Add to a total of 4 resources on Plants
*Is that mean I have to add exact 4 resources?

So which is correct? page 4 or page 7?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Novac
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may choose to add less than 4 resources if you think that's in your advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How is movement resolved if multiple players decide not to use Movement tokens?

It seems simultaneous movement without the use of tokens could potentially create an infinite loop between players. If one player is trying to attack an opponent without using movement tokens, the defender could change their movement to avoid the original attack. How do you determine which player moves first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If multiple players need to carry out the same action, and that action involves choice — unless otherwise specified, it is carried out in reverse turn order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
whead rocker
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
My friends and I just recently discovered the revised game. We try playing in the evening of work nights. We have found the game to 7 turns lasting 5-6 hours for 4-5 players and were wondering if anyone have though of a fast start for the game?

Maybe start with the usually results of after the 1st turn. Basic 3 systems (non with resistance), maybe 2nd carrier, 1 population on both non home systems and 2 population on home system. 1 carrier in each of the other systems.

Anyone have any thoughts on how they would do this to speed up play, besides getting my friends to stop chatting away the evening!

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If your games consistently take that long, you likely are not taking your actions simultaneously. Most actions can be carried out at once, without having to wait for the other players. You may also want to consider using Drive Power Movement instead of the chits.

If you want, look into one of the setup options used in the expansion:

Exodus: Edge of Extinction wrote:
This setup option allows for a more rapid development, allows the players to gain more technologies during game and to start better equipped to handle the Centaurian Resistance. When choosing this setup option, play for a total of 5 turns.

Each player may spend up to 19 CP before the game starts to research up to 5 technologies. No discounts apply. Any unused CP is lost (not added to a player's starting pool). No technologies with a value higher than 13 CP may be researched at this stage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alwin Derijck
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely use the drive power movement instead of the chits.

In our games (which aren't that many yet) the whole movement took to much time.

At the moment we are still leaning towards TI3 to much because Exodus isn't as short as we would like it to be.

We will be trying alternative drive power movement in next game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Till Brömme
Austria
flag msg tools
Hi there!

I have currently 2 questions:
When in the conquest stage do civilian ships move? Can I put poulation on one planet and in the same Cconquest round move more population with Civilian Ships to this planet and possibly take it over?

What happens to the Centauri risstance when their planet is blown up with a Graviton Bomb? Do they stay and mourn or do they leave?

Thank you in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tillennium wrote:
When in the conquest stage do civilian ships move?

Rule Book, page 8 wrote:
Mount Population (OPTIONAL) – Players may put Population from Planets onto ships with transport capacity in the same hex. The number of Population cubes on a ship may not exceed that ship's transport capacity. At this point, players who researched Civilian Ships may also move Population cubes between the Planets where they already have Population.

Essentially, it happens in this order:
1) Mount Population
2) Move Ships
3) Resolve Conflicts (PvP)
4) Fight Centaurian Resistance
5) Deploy Population

You cannot move population to a planet in the same round as you deploy population onto it (assuming you had none there before). Civilian ships can be used in a future Conquest Stage.

Tillennium wrote:
What happens to the Centauri resistance when their planet is blown up with a Graviton Bomb? Do they stay and mourn or do they leave?

They stick around ... but not to mourn! They are eagerly awaiting your return so they can annihilate you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Till Brömme
Austria
flag msg tools
Thank you for the quick answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.