Get this idea after few more plays. How about creating commander cards? Each commander could be based upon one of the real officers from Westerplatte. Each of them should have once special ability that could be used once per game. To show that ability was used, card should be turned down.
Now, about abilities. My suggestions are:
- Turn the card to move morale marker back or forward two tiles.
- Turn the card to kill one German unit.
- Turn the card to fully resupply mortar OR mines stock.
- Turn the card to place four bricks anywhere on the empty places of the wall.
About officers… I think that they could be:
- major Henryk Sucharski (Green)
- captain Henryk Dąbrowski (Yellow)
- captain Mieczysław Słaby (Red)
- lieutenant Leon Pająk (Blue)
Each card could have brief information about officer. Active side could be lighter, while disactive (after using special ability) could be shady.
How do you like this idea?
I like the idea (maybe for the expansion for the game?
Your ideas for special abilities are too strong IMO.
My ideas for special powers (1 use only):
1. Additional action in one turn,
2. Additional 3 movement in one turn. For example 2 movement - action - 3 movement.
3. Additional land-mine in a turn.
4. Additional mortar shot in a turn.
5. +3 ammo
6. +2 bricks in one spot.
7. +1 morale
8. look at 2 events from the top of the pile and put one on the top and one on the bottom of the pile
I just saw a review for this game and had the same idea.
I agree with WookiePL about the powers.
Maybe to compensate for making the game easier, the standard attack range from the wall should be reduced so you can't hit the back row. You'd have to use mortars to hit the back row.