Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Mansolilli
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just returned from Essen and bought a copy of Terra Mystica from Feuerlands booth (6-8 tables with Demo Terra Mystica at the back of a hall). Super excited to play, I downloaded the English rules, printed them, and opened up the box. I started punching out all the pieces and was short on Victory Points, Favor tiles, Overview tiles, etc. It works out that I am missing 2 whole card board punch outs (in effect I am missing 2 overview tiles, 10 favor tiles, 4 town tiles, etc.). I was extremely disappointed.

Anyone run into this problem before? Anyone dealt with Feuerland before? I wrote them a note tonight and I am hoping for a response tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark V
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Ron,

Do you know how many sheets of cardboard should we have received? I got my TM and today I sorted out all the wooden pieces, but haven't started punching cardboard pages yet. For reference, I received 6 pages of punched cardboard chits.

The meeples were all there, although a few of them were stuck together when painted and some of the paint had transferred between meeples. At least they all seemed to be the same geometry - I've got some Catan, Agricola, and other games where the meeples are pretty mangled.

Also, is it me or do the power tokens seem really tiny? For some reason, I remember them as larger in all the playthrough videos I checked out. I think the board games are just smaller than I had pictured as it looks like the power tokens would need to be pretty tiny.

--Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Mansolilli
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Mark,

I think you are good to go. I only received 4 of the punchouts. If you show 5 of the overview cards, you should be good. Everything else sounds about right...

I am really looking forward to playing and hoping this gets resolved soon.

Enjoy!

Ron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. B.
France
Cannes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a 1st ed copy after Essen last year and had the same issue.

I didn't deal with Feuerland directly (the shop I bought it from did), but I received the 2 missing punch boards within 2 weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a good reminder to check your components! I opened my US Zman copy last night and found 8 brown priests. That's nice, but someone out there may have a copy with only 6!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Mansolilli
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is funny, because I haven't experienced this before, but definitely a lesson learned. Not sure it's feasible to "open" games to check content when shopping around Spiel, but I'll be thinking about it next time.

I wonder if this is just an issue with their contracted production?

Contacted Feuerland and they have responded positively. Hopefully, I'll see the missing sprues soon! I'll update here to let people know my experience with the company. So far so good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike paul
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You have been hexed!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my copy of the game today after waiting through two pre-orders and had my new toy excitement punched in the nuts when one of my bits boards was grievously miscut and unusable. So, while I was not missing anything as you were, I can empathise with your Terra Mystica frustration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Mansolilli
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hopefully the distributor will hook you up. Feuerland was quick to respond, but I haven't seen the replacements yet. I'm fairly patient, but frustrated to pay $70 for an unplayable game. It's the principle...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Just opened my game today and found that I was short one brown marker.

Should I contact the distributor or the game designer to find a replacement? Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
vampyr17 wrote:
Just opened my game today and found that I was short one brown marker.

Should I contact the distributor or the game designer to find a replacement? Thank you.

Publisher: Z-Man

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike paul
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You have been hexed!
mbmbmbmbmb
eimative wrote:
I just got my copy of the game today after waiting through two pre-orders and had my new toy excitement punched in the nuts when one of my bits boards was grievously miscut and unusable. So, while I was not missing anything as you were, I can empathise with your Terra Mystica frustration.

Just wanted to report back in that Z-Man did a GREAT job handeling the problem. Their website made it easy to file a problem and within 10 days I had the replacement board.

Thanks for being a company that cares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Mansolilli
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eimative wrote:
eimative wrote:

Just wanted to report back in that Z-Man did a GREAT job handeling the problem. Their website made it easy to file a problem and within 10 days I had the replacement board.

That's awesome.

Nothing from Feuerland yet, but hoping and crossing my fingers still. I'll update if I get mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Bodric
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
badge
And the ranger's aim was deadly with the big iron on his hip...
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's hoping you get your replacements soon so you can finally sit down and play your copy :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Shanowitz
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eimative wrote:

So far my experience is completely the opposite. I had a problem with my Terra Mystica game board so I filled out Z-Man's customer service form 13 days ago. I didn't hear a word, so four days ago I sent a follow-up email. I still haven't heard anything. It seems like they completely ignore some customers while quickly helping others. What a strange customer service philosophy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
theaaron wrote:
eimative wrote:

So far my experience is completely the opposite. I had a problem with my Terra Mystica game board so I filled out Z-Man's customer service form 13 days ago. I didn't hear a word, so four days ago I sent a follow-up email. I still haven't heard anything. It seems like they completely ignore some customers while quickly helping others. What a strange customer service philosophy.

I would suggest facebook messaging them -OR- calling them. I had a similar experience with my Pandemic reprint board. After facebooking them and calling I got two replacement boards within 2 weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike paul
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You have been hexed!
mbmbmbmbmb
If it matters, they shipped my replacement part from Quebec, which may impact delivery time in your location.

Their whole replacement process feels very automated and not based on much direct contact (I received an immediate email mentioning they got my request, a second saying it was being resolved, then the item arrived). So, it 'may' not mean anything if no one directly answered your emails. One day your package will just arrive (we hope).

theaaron wrote:
eimative wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Mansolilli
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vidra wrote:
Here's hoping you get your replacements soon so you can finally sit down and play your copy

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Badilotti
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy was missing 3 grey temples (and I so want to try the Dwarves), and one of my blue trading posts is more of a trading kiosk.

I've filled out the form on the Z-Man site, and received the automatic reply that it was successfully submitted. Now I hope my experience is closer to Mike's than to Aaron's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Badilotti
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Z-Man got me my parts today, less than a week after I filled out the form. That's almost miraculous considering it came Canada Post.

Thank you Z-Man!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Mansolilli
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mansolil wrote:
eimative wrote:
eimative wrote:

That's awesome.

Nothing from Feuerland yet, but hoping and crossing my fingers still. I'll update if I get mine.

Well, I got my replacement sprues in! They are pretty bent, but I'm pretty excited they even showed up at all. It took almost a month, but I'm not complaining too much. Hooray!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, my cardboard count was complete but my wooden piece count certainly was not. I was missing all the purple discs, all the bridges, one of the cylinders (I forget which, though I had a spare in one color), and all the worker cubes. I've never had a more "lemony" game. That said, I shot off the same email as others to Z-man and am hopeful for a reasonably prompt response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Mansolilli
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are definitely some QA issues with this iteration. It's frustrating when one pays a premium for these games...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engelmann
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Congress of Gamers conventions
badge
Eric's actual photo!
mbmbmbmbmb
My box had a complete extra set of dwellings for all races. Was confusing at first. After three weeks, I succeeded in losing all the cardboard pass bonus, favors, turn bonus, and town tiles (lost the baggy they were all in). Found them the day after I ordered a spare set of all six cardboard sheets for 7 euros. Will not cancel the order, since I decided it wasn't such a bad thing to have extra land discs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.