Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andres Cervantes
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Because I am unable to acquire expansions and because FFG seems to have no word on anything new Runebound coming down the pipeline, I have decided I want to start "Tricking out" my copy. My immediate ideas are:

Paint the minis
Coloured Glass Beads
Real metal coins
Tuckboxes

So my question is, do any of you have any other suggestions? Also, do any of you know a good place to buy the coins? if you have substituted the coins in your edition, what coins did you use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Griffiths
United Kingdom
Wrexham
Wrexham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did the coloured glass beads thing, but found it didn't really work well for me, as the hex wasn't big enough for both bead and hero, and they wouldn't balance on top. It was one of those really small things that became a massive irritant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Cervantes
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
spalanzani wrote:
I did the coloured glass beads thing, but found it didn't really work well for me, as the hex wasn't big enough for both bead and hero, and they wouldn't balance on top. It was one of those really small things that became a massive irritant.

Wow, thanks for the heads up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vernon Evenhuis
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a few sets of the Copper Paizo Campaign Coins. I think I got 2 or 3 sets of the 1,2 & 5 denomination coins. They're really nice and I love using them with Runebound. They have silver, gold and platinum sets as well if you prefer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Landry
United States
Harvest
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my fav paintjob from the galleries
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
to me, painting the minis is the best thing by a long way, but obviously the most time-consuming.

here's a coin set on bgg that i ran into recently, not sure what the status is.
Custom Coins for Games (Board, RPG, LARP)

i think the ultimate bling for this game would be etched dice for the large box expansions. those don't exist in the world, but damn that would be cool if you could make it somehow. (if you have the large-box expansions.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.