Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

The Phantom League: Mostly Harmless» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about docking and pirates nests rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
Avatar
mbmb
If there is a pirates nest next to the space station can the player ship still dock if combat is tied. This game about using the mostly harmless set when the mobile black spot card turned up.

Ie. if no one has enough battle cards left to trigger another round of combat or no attack cards left?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
growlley wrote:
If there is a pirates nest next to the space station can the player ship still dock if combat is tied.


Yes. Battle does need to be won, just had.

Quote:
This game about using the mostly harmless set when the mobile black spot card turned up.

Ie. if no one has enough battle cards left to trigger another round of combat or no attack cards left?


Yes, that is a valid tie and then you can continue docking as if nothing happened
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
Avatar
mbmbmb
Eridis wrote:
Quote:

Ie. if no one has enough battle cards left to trigger another round of combat or no attack cards left?


Yes, that is a valid tie and then you can continue docking as if nothing happened


To resurrect this question (since I just bought the game and love it so far): if the Pirate Battle is a tie - you survive, and continue to dock - do the Pirates STILL extort half your cargo or money from you, even if you battled? Or is this a thematic, house-rule kind of thing. (They decided you are a fair opponent and leave you dock for free. They STILL demand half your cargo and have now damaged your ship. That sort of thing...)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lhowser wrote:
Eridis wrote:
Quote:

Ie. if no one has enough battle cards left to trigger another round of combat or no attack cards left?


Yes, that is a valid tie and then you can continue docking as if nothing happened


To resurrect this question (since I just bought the game and love it so far): if the Pirate Battle is a tie - you survive, and continue to dock - do the Pirates STILL extort half your cargo or money from you, even if you battled? Or is this a thematic, house-rule kind of thing. (They decided you are a fair opponent and leave you dock for free. They STILL demand half your cargo and have now damaged your ship. That sort of thing...)


Everything should be always resolved in thematic way if there is something which is unclear.

Anyhow, if you battle the pirates, a tie is enough for you to go without any extra extortion.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.