hesse honnolly
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so i just got my attacking defiant, and the model is slightly longer than the original wizkids model(heroclix) and its also less detailed! i figured it would have had more detail... but it has less.. and costs more...

anyone else find this weird?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nixon
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I think it is because the mold they used for the Attack Wing Defiant was a re-use of the "cloaked Defiant" mold from Tactics II rather than the regular Defiant mold from Tactics I--and that Tactics II mold is much less detailed.

It's the same with the Attack Wing Klingon battlecruisers (Gr'oth and Kronos One)--they were a re-use of the cloaked battlecruiser B'moth from Tactics II, which besides having the bridge molded wrong, has much less detail overall (such as the nacelles) than the battlecruisers from Tactics I.

It's really disappointing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why did they do this? Has anyone gotten an answer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoff Bergenholm
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seenemo wrote:
so i just got my attacking defiant, and the model is slightly longer than the original wizkids model(heroclix) and its also less detailed! i figured it would have had more detail... but it has less.. and costs more...

anyone else find this weird?

Oh, boo. Don't tell me they did it again? I only had the cloaked Defiant to compare against...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hesse honnolly
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i made a repaint based on the tactics 1 model to use for attack wing..

but i found this very weird

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Obsolete Man
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Repaint all your Attack Wing models. They're nice sculpts, but horrible paint jobs. Powder blue ENT-D? Repaint the sucker! Klingons the color of a shampoo bottle? Repaint them so they can go to Sto'Vo'Kor. Please, for the love of Pete, repaint!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually they aren't the best sculpts, to those who care anyway. The D7 continues to be a disappointment, and for the Galaxy at least the proportions are wrong. We get better from amateurs on Shapeways.

Paint isn't so bad by comparison. 4 times out of 5 it seems passable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Obsolete Man
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The D7/K'tinga situation is horrible, as is the USS Miniprise. Other than that, I wasn't troubled by any of the sculpts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seenemo wrote:
so i just got my attacking defiant, and the model is slightly longer than the original wizkids model(heroclix) and its also less detailed! i figured it would have had more detail... but it has less.. and costs more... anyone else find this weird?

I confirmed this today. Considerably less detailed. I will be switching them out. Will post pics tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.