Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter D
United Kingdom
london
UK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a card which gives a good in any turn where you don't receive a good. Can you take this good within the turn on which you are not receiving a good, or do you have to wait until the end of the turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Steiger
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Within the turn, because the cards abilitys are generally activated the moment You place them into Your display.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ummmm.... Are you sure about that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just under the impression you got it at the end of the turn, but I could be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like it would let such situation happen:
without taking off yet any meeple, you say "as you can see I won't get any goods this turn", so I will use my special ability and get a pepper. And then you use Fata Morgana and actually move one of your meeples to a good card, and take, say, dates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Steiger
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay! I´t must be crystal clear that You won´t receive a good in that turn.
If it is clear You won´t, then You can instantly take a good and don´t need to wait until the end of Your turn
So if You are standing on the caravan You must first check if You receive
a good there. If You are standing on the Fata Morgana it would be good to use that action first before taking a good, so that it is clear You really don´t get one. You can even jump of a goods card ( as an example a card with a salt) onto a tribal card so that You won´t get a good now, so You can choose maybe a date, that is an allowed move.
But You can´t cash in a good, and then jump onto a goods card using the Fata Morgana that is not allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Zampone
Italy
Caserta
flag msg tools
Is there an official answer about this question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy Steiger is the designer so I would consider his answers official.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.