Manu
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
I am not a cyborg!
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have a deed card that I want to activate with e.g. Green mana, but no green mana is available in the source, can I use this tactic card to re-roll existing mana in the source and hope to get green mana? What happens then if I don't get the green mana, do I just use the card's basic effect?

Sorry if it sounds like a strange question, but at first I thought that "before you use mana from the source" meant that I must actually be able to use mana, and the ability only allows me to roll the others dice... Therefore not allowing me to try my luck at getting the color I need at the very moment I play the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manu
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
I am not a cyborg!
mbmbmbmbmb
... Oh crap I could have sworn I was in the FAQ thread, sorry about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it means that you can't use the ability after taking a die from the source.

You don't need to do it JUST BEFORE using a source die, or while the source die is on the way to your play area, or anything fancy like that.

You just get to reroll two dice, if you want, as long as you haven't already taken one. I do it at the beginning of my turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Rojas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, also remember that if there´s a GOLD mana (or two) already in the source, you need to use them first. If in your roll you get other color(s) than the one(s) you needed, then bad luck, and have to find out another way to get them or just simply use the basic efect.

- Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tom2013 wrote:
Correct, also remember that if there´s a GOLD mana (or two) already in the source, you need to use them first. If in your roll you get other color(s) than the one(s) you needed, then bad luck, and have to find out another way to get them or just simply use the basic efect.

- Tom

Still, you are not FORCED to play this card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manu
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
I am not a cyborg!
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, makes sense now, thank you all very much. On to more adventures then! It's weird how one's brain can really miss-interpret the rules even when they are clearly written.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.