Subject: Are discarded molecules open information? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say to discard unused molecules during the clean-up phase, but they don't mention whether the discarded tokens are open or hidden information. So, can I look at the discarded molecules and base my next move on this info?

(Similar question applies for discarded proteins.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
holgerd wrote:
The rules say to discard unused molecules during the clean-up phase, but they don't mention whether the discarded tokens are open or hidden information. So, can I look at the discarded molecules and base my next move on this info?

(Similar question applies for discarded proteins.)

Molecules are discarded face down. From page 8 of the rulebook (note the two words I've highlighted):

Quote:
Most commonly you are instructed to place new Molecules on a specific hex; if the specified hex already contains a Molecule, then you must place
the existing Molecule face down in a discard pile and draw a new Molecule to replace it

For proteins, however, the rulebook doesn't specify whether they should be discarded face down or not (as far as I can tell). When I play I place them face down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Morten. Seems like I totally missed that. The game just got harder; I've yet to decide whether that's a good or a bad thing, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
holgerd wrote:
Thanks, Morten. Seems like I totally missed that. The game just got harder; I've yet to decide whether that's a good or a bad thing, though.

Personally I'd say it's a good thing, I prefer my solitaires to be hard . Though from the point of view of humanity's survival it's probably a bad thing .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like your avatar by the way .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gibson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Again another member of the community beat me to answering the question. And Morten's answers are correct, Holger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gedin wrote:
Again another member of the community beat me to answering the question. And Morten's answers are correct, Holger.

Well it does help that Holger and I are in the same country and thus in the same time zone, so we can communicate here while you're sleeping .

But it's great to see that the game now has so many players that such a thing starts to happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gibson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
But it's great to see that the game now has so many players that such a thing starts to happen.

And that is truly gratifying as the designer. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gedin wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:

And that is truly gratifying as the designer. meeple

Yeah, I can imagine that .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.