Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andres Cervantes
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hooray! Just what the market needed, another zombie game, better yet, a zombie re-theme! Aren't you excited, folks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Pitts
United States
Aloha
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am actually. I love Escape; its a great family game and a great filler. I've excited to see what changes Queen makes to the system. Sure, zombies have been done to death, but at least they're doing something new with the genre and not another miniatures game.

Its a little early to get all snarky considering all that's been released is a box cover and a general description.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Dunagan
United States
Clermont
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Despite your sarcasm, I am quite excited about this game. Based on the components listed, this is not just a retheme. I love the first Escape from Queen games, I bet this one will be excellent also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert Celerier
Belgium
Koksijde
flag msg tools
De gustibus et coloribus non disputandum.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your sarcasm is strong .

Cautiously optimistic here. Yes, the zombie theme is overused, but if the designer manages to improve my favourite light game of 2012, I'll be one of the first to hit that pledge button on Kickstarter.

Queen Games hasn't disappointed me yet (I must be in the minority).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jflartner
United States
Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am excited!

But ill be more excited when they announce the 1 vs. all variant/expansion that pits a zombie played against the humans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Francis
Australia
Maryborough
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankly, I like the real time/simultaneous nature of Curse and there's always room for more of that whatever the theme is.
Also, I don't care if a theme (Zombies, Wizards, etc) is overused.
Hopefully one of the games released will fit your mechanism fetish and will be fun.
If not, there are plenty of merchant ships in the sea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cautiously optimistic. I was never able to pull the trigger on Curse; I always felt it was a little too expensive for what it offered. I instantly perked up when I read 15 minute soundtrack. Making it 50% longer means there is changed gameplay and this is not a simple retheming. Of course, that can also mean badly designed bloat.

I like both themes so we'll see. While the zombie theme has been done to death for geeks, it's actually appealing to the common masses nowadays (as opposed to 15 years ago when geeks were ravenous for it and the common masses thought it was cheesy, gross, and stupid).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
Cautiously optimistic. I was never able to pull the trigger on Curse; I always felt it was a little too expensive for what it offered.

It's still a Queen game, so it will still be spendy. I'm guessing since it's 50% longer, it will cost 50% more

I like Escape, but the gameplay is a tad too light for me. I'm hoping this adds an extra layer of decision-making that makes solo play more rewarding. I'm a zombie fanatic, so the theme is an improvement for me.

I hear next year they're doing Escape from the Merchants of the Mediterranean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
.05 GG for making me laugh

What I meant by appealing to mass market means it's more appealing to non-gamers than, say, a sci-fi game would be. Meaning it would be easier to get to the table (though not easier than Curse, which has a similarly appealing theme)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally, I would have moaned at the though of yet another zombie game, but I enjoyed Escape so much, I'll definitely look at this one. Besides, I think the theme suits the mechanism quite well.

Whether I'll pull the trigger will, of course, depend on the price. Queen tend to be somewhat expensive and shipping all the way to Australia often ludicrously expensive. Some publishers do it well, others not so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.