Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Laffey
Canada
Sarnia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
G'day

Our church is hosting a family board/card game night on Saturday Nov. 16.
I would like to introduce them to games other that the usual, so if any boardgamers in Ottawa are interested and available that night and would like to teach people (families) a game or two please contact me through this forum.(I'd post my email but I don't want a spam bot picking up my email address.) And yes you can bring your family. I looking for games on the lighter size as I don't want to blow them away. This is suppose to be fun for the family night. And with Christmas coming up maybe some of the "Santa Clauses" or is that "Santa Claui" might get an idea or two.
St Basil Church is at Maitland and the Queensway. Parking lot entrance is of Maitland.
Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Halden
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What Time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also curious what time, what games you are expecting to have available, and what ages you are hoping to attract? My brother's family lives very close to that church so I'd like to pass the information along to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Laffey
Canada
Sarnia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
G'Day

Starting at 6:30 pm to 11:00pm.

I will have a few games but the idea is that people with games would bring their favourite to share. This is a challenge for us but ages about 8 and older as they need to have some grasp of playing board/card games. Younger kids if their parents are boardgamers and the children have some experience playing games. There is no hard and fast rule, the parents know their children and we want all to have fun. Most people coming will not be boardgamers, but are somewhat familiar with American style games. I hope to introduce them to some Euro style games, but mostly this is a social event that hopefully all ages can have fun. Something that families, children to grandparents, can do together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information! I will definitely pass it along to my brother and his family. They have 2 young children, who have only played super light games like Gulo Gulo, Abandon Ship, and Bamboleo but maybe they can find a babysitter and have a nice night out!

I would love to see more community events like this so thanks for spreading the word! Good luck. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Paradis
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!

Is there a cost involved?

If we're available we'll see if we can come on down and teach a few lighter ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Laffey
Canada
Sarnia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
G'Day
This is the first time we are doing it so there is no charge. We wanted an event that the whole family could enjoy and bring people together. If this is a success then maybe we'll do it again but after Christmas in the dark month of January.meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Paradis
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything still a "go" for this evening??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Laffey
Canada
Sarnia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
G'Day
A bit late. Thanks for coming out. Several things went off the rails on Saturday so I was a bit frazzled by the time evening came. At least the people who showed up had a good time and most of them had not seen the types of games that you and I had.
Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Paradis
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad we could help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.