2 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Whizzard - Opening Moves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
simon bradford
msg tools
mbmb
Thought I'd post my Whizzard deck before he gets dismantled. I'm hoping it's a bit of a fresh perspective from the Account Siphon Whizzard that seems to be popular.

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Whizzard: Master Gamer (What Lies Ahead)

Total Cards: (45)

Event: (14)
Deja Vu (Core) x2
Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control) x3
Sure Gamble (Core) x3
Diesel (Core) x2 ■■
Quality Time (Humanity's Shadow) x3 ■
Special Order (Core) x1 ■■

Hardware: (4)
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead) x2
Desperado (Core) x2 ■■■

Program: (17)
Corroder (Core) x2
Datasucker (Core) x3
Djinn (Core) x3
Medium (Core) x1
Mimic (Core) x2
Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus) x1
Parasite (Core) x2
Yog.0 (Core) x2
Crypsis (Core) x1

Resource: (10)
Ice Carver (Core) x2
Liberated Account (Trace Amount) x2
Armitage Codebusting (Core) x2
Daily Casts (Creation and Control) x2
Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow) x2

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 40
Criminal: 8
Shaper: 7

The main idea here was overlapping threat zones. Whizzard's ability to trash to stuff for cheap as free is not only super fun, but also increases the leakiness of R&D and HQ which in turn allows for multiple accesses in one turn. He also threatens remotes with assets or upgrades in them (barring traps). In this way Whizzard puts a little bit a of pressure on many different servers. This is combined with data sucker (which pressures all centrals) and desperado (which pressures all servers everywhere). All these over lapping pressure areas force the corp to defend all their centrals, plus their remotes. That's more defence than most corps can commit to. Then you identify their weak points, apply parasites, nerve agent, or medium and break through.
Desperado and data sucker also combine really well with Whizzard's ability in that you will often have to run remotes just to trash stuff (NBN isn't going to stop playing its Sansans and Marked accounts just because its cheaper to trash). These cards (plus dirty laundry) turn these runs you are obliged to make to use your identity into profit making activities.
The big disadvantage of the deck is that it can be slow. The lack of in faction breaker tutors hurts. I tried three Special Orders, but sometimes what you're not seeing is your economy cards so generic mass card draw (a la Shaper) is necessary.
The two flex spots were a vamp and a kraken, but were replaced by plascretes in prep for the plugged in event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.