Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Commands & Colors: Ancients Expansion Pack #6 – The Spartan Army» Forums » General

Subject: Epic Hoplites rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to know if there are any epic scenarios involving Hoplites?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The revised Epic Paraitacene (C3i26) utilizes Medium Hoplites on both sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EPIC16 Marathon
http://www.ccancients.net/Maps/Greco-Persian-Wars-500-448-BC...
and
EPIC15 Plataea
http://www.ccancients.net/Maps/Greco-Persian-Wars-500-448-BC...

could be converted, though not easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:

Yeah I thought about this but it would give the Greeks an advantage and I think they already do.

Just wanted to see if any epics were made after the Spartan expansion came out where they were made use of

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
earache wrote:

I had a look on CC:A website but can only find the original, which units were swapped out? the medium inf?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jesters_race wrote:
earache wrote:

I had a look on CC:A website but can only find the original, which units were swapped out? the medium inf?

Well, I have both scenarios in front of me. Short answer is yes, you can just replace the mediums for both sides with medium Hoplites.

Long answer: Here are the differences:

Eumenes (blue blocks):
• Replace the 3 Medium Infantry units with 3 Medium Hoplite units.

Antigonus (tan blocks):
• Replace the 4 Persian Medium Infantry units with 4 Spartan Medium Hoplite units (not Allied Medium Hoplite units).

Also, on the set-up card the 8 Persian Heavy Infantry units are replaced with 8 Spartan Heavy units and the Persian Leader blocks are replaced with Spartan Leader blocks.

A Special Rule was added:
• The Hoplite Infantry rule is in effect

What is confusing is that the set-up card incorrectly shows all the medium blocks for both Antigonus and Eumenes as standard medium blocks, not Medium Hoplites. But the scenario also includes an Army Composition that lists the mediums for both armies as Medium Hoplites (and justifying the Hoplite Rule).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
earache wrote:
jesters_race wrote:
earache wrote:

Well, I have both scenarios in front of me. Short answer is yes, you can just replace the mediums for both sides with medium Hoplites.

Long answer: Here are the differences:

Eumenes (blue blocks):
• Replace the 3 Medium Infantry units with 3 Medium Hoplite units.

Antigonus (tan blocks):
• Replace the 4 Persian Medium Infantry units with 4 Spartan Medium Hoplite units (not Allied Medium Hoplite units).

Also, on the set-up card the 8 Persian Heavy Infantry units are replaced with 8 Spartan Heavy units and the Persian Leader blocks are replaced with Spartan Leader blocks.

A Special Rule was added:
• The Hoplite Infantry rule is in effect

What is confusing is that the set-up card incorrectly shows all the medium blocks for both Antigonus and Eumenes as standard medium blocks, not Medium Hoplites. But the scenario also includes an Army Composition that lists the mediums for both armies as Medium Hoplites (and justifying the Hoplite Rule).

Seems as though that they forgot to change the images, But I guess you can still use the Hoplite rules even if you don't have exp 6 just apply the rules to the medium troops
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jesters_race wrote:
Seems as though that they forgot to change the images, But I guess you can still use the Hoplite rules even if you don't have exp 6 just apply the rules to the medium troops

Yep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jesters_race wrote:
Just wanted to know if there are any epic scenarios involving Hoplites?

If you have access to the Epic Rules of Play for C&C:A, you can convert any standard, single board scenario (such as those from the Spartan Army expansion) into one of Epic proportions using the EasyEpic guidelines I've put together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.