Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre Oliveira
Brazil
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The events "Ethiopian Campaign" and "Exporter" make the allied units fully supplied in East Africa and in the Near East respectively.

So that means that if these events are in effect, an allied unit or control marker isolated in the middle of either of these regions will always be in full supply, even if it is surrounded by axis units?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hey Andre.

It is my understanding that they would still have to trace supply.

If you take a peek at 13.22 and 13.23, which describes the impact of the two cards, you will note that units still have to trace supply else be OOS. So, in your example the surrounded unit would be OOS since they cannot trace supply to a supply source.

EDIT: You will want to make sure you have the latest version of the rules. I see that mine have the important bits in those two rules in blue, suggesting that they are additions to the previous rules edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Oliveira
Brazil
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jon. I was still using the old rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The events eliminate the problem of Limited Supply but they do not waive the requirement of tracing supply altogether.

As noted, the rules were clarified on just this point after publication.

Michael Rinella
Designer, Shifting Sands

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Oliveira
Brazil
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Michael, I'll take a look on the revised rules.

In the meantime, let me ask you this: On these regions, after the events occur, where should the allies trace supply to? Suez and Port Said? Or can India, Persia and South Africa be used for that too?

Thanks!

Andre

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.