4 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Yet another OP3 Build....... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach Marsh

South Carolina
msg tools
So I had a good run last month but now if the trend is four ships here's my take.

K'Tinga class
Donatra

K'Tinga class
Martok 8 skill version

Defiant class
Terrell
Sulu

B'rel class
Klingon Captain

I'll be able to put up a lot of firepower and with good positioning the captains bonuses feed off each other. Part of me wants to switch out the Defiant for another K'tinga. I'd have to lose Sulu, but I'm sure I could squeeze in two points somewhere. I'd rather run three ships with more upgrades, but I really think more ships provides a better shot at winning. What do you guys think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Payne
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I hate to say it, but I think you are going to find yourself outgunned. I know you are putting up four ships, but it is the guy who controls orbit who wins the game, you could win the ground war, but lose the orbital.

Just my 2 cents. I have been looking at this as well trying to come up with a way for a couple of weeks now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary NZ
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I agree. I played a similar build tonight but had a Miranda class instead of the B'rel class. I took the planet and held it no problem but eventually the all klingon fleet I was against took me out.

Don't worry about the planet into later in the game if at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Find a way to get the cloaked mines into your build and you will have a MUCH better shot. Forward max on 1st turn, 4 attacks on ground. Place cloaked mines on either side of the planet, then move very slowly as your opponent comes around the other side. Or sweep in behind through the mines.

If you have the mines, you won't need Sulu. You can keep Terrell behind the planet as a support ship!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.