Popular Tags: [View All]
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know whether resin terrain will be generally available at retail? The boxes especially are pretty terrible in cardboard.

Sorry if I missed this. I haven't really been following the game, but bought it on a whim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point, who knows. Initially it was just through the Kickstarter and available as prizes at tournaments. I've been able to successfully order a set through JAG's distributor (thought I'm waiting on delivery due to a snafu somewhere). A more recent quote seemed to indicate Ankama plans to make promos and limited release items available at retail a year after initial release (though this quote was geared towards figures and not necessarily the terrain, though at this point anything is possible).

Duck. You're in for a storm when the anti-JAG crowd shows up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's actually better to get in touch with Erica for requests like this.
You can email her at marketing@ggdistribution.com

She should be able to get you sorted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K-Fresh
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
FULL METAL JACKAL
mbmbmbmbmb
In the meantime, this thread might interest you:

Sprucing up the cardboard terrain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, all the resin stuff can be ordered from Jag directly if you e-mail them (assuming they still have sets left). Be prepared for sloooow e-mail response time however. It can take days between e-mails.

The best stuff to get imo, is not the terrain, even though the cardboard crates are terrible. The best stuff are the metal dollars for visibility, the giant cards (so you can use any figure's stats and abilities using proxies even though you don't have all the expansions), and the resin tokens, so you can have a token on the board and keep the cardboard version in front of you as the stats sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quietcorn wrote:
Yes, all the resin stuff can be ordered from Jag directly if you e-mail them (assuming they still have sets left). Be prepared for sloooow e-mail response time however. It can take days between e-mails.

No reply yet from marketing@ggdistribution.com

quietcorn wrote:
The best stuff to get imo, is not the terrain, even though the cardboard crates are terrible. The best stuff are the metal dollars for visibility, the giant cards (so you can use any figure's stats and abilities using proxies even though you don't have all the expansions), and the resin tokens, so you can have a token on the board and keep the cardboard version in front of you as the stats sheet.

Thanks for the tip. Makes sense. Although I'm now sure how much I really want to invest in this. It's not even a game I'm going to play all that much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
quietcorn wrote:

No reply yet from marketing@ggdistribution.com

I emailed her two days ago about the fact my tracking number says my package was delivered on Oct. 9 even though I was still in queue to be shipped on the 15th and I have no package. Still waiting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the following reply:

terrain: $50
Tokens: $75
Dice: $10
GG: $20
Kama $40
XL Cards: $15
Case: $35

Anyone know if there are reference pictures available for each of these, without manually trawling through all the uploaded images?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, on the krosmaster page, scroll down to where the expansions are. Swap that expansions pulldown menu to accessory. it's all there except the case, which Is prettier but somewhat worse than storing the figures in a large Plano 1374 4-By Rack System 2-3750 Size Tackle Box. (As an aside, at Ny comic con, I saw the booth employees had two of these boxes on hand for presumably their own use, rather than using the official carry case.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quietcorn wrote:
Yes, on the krosmaster page, scroll down to where the expansions are. Swap that expansions pulldown menu to accessory.

Do you mean http://www.krosmaster.com or http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/112138/krosmaster-arena? I assume the former, but I can't find it. If I scroll down I don't see expansions anywhere. Do you have a link? Thx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
quietcorn wrote:
Yes, on the krosmaster page, scroll down to where the expansions are. Swap that expansions pulldown menu to accessory.

Do you mean http://www.krosmaster.com or http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/112138/krosmaster-arena? I assume the former, but I can't find it. If I scroll down I don't see expansions anywhere. Do you have a link? Thx.

On BGG page, scroll down to linked items and you can click to select accessories.

example: Krosmaster: Arena – Resin Terrain Set

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even better:
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeksearch.php?action=search&object...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I've never used that part of the game before! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest checking out the Kickstarter page as there are images of everything in one place.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/370924922/krosmaster-are...

You can also see the original prices and that the prices that were just shared with you are fully in line with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry yes, I meant the Boardgamegeek entry for krosmaster

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But realistically, at the end of the day, I think I'm too cheap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Understandable. I just can't recommend getting the XXL cards enough. It gives you so much re-playability, it's comparable to the Descent 1st to 2nd edition upgrade kit. There are stat cards for 34 different minis you can use the minis in the box as stand-ins for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So where can you get the XL cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghool wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quietcorn wrote:
Ghool wrote:

Ya, that didn't work. I've tried that address twice with no response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cptcanuck wrote:
quietcorn wrote:
Ghool wrote:

Ya, that didn't work. I've tried that address twice with no response.

Well, its possible that she's the only one on customer service right now and it may not be her only responsibility. I never got my box (despite UPS saying it was delivered on Oct. 9). I first emailed her last week on Tuesday to indicate that the tracking number she sent was in error. Then I emailed again on Monday this week. Then again today... And today I got an immediate reply that they had sent out the box again (maybe it was returned, who knows?) and she would get me THAT tracking number.

I'd just caution patience and persistence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is pitch black.
badge
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:

I'd just caution patience and persistence.

And politeness. This worked for me. I had to remind them a couple times that I was still waiting, but eventually they took care of it. I did message them on Facebook to support my emails to the email address, which ultimately got me results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.facebook.com/JapanimeGames

I'd echo patience as some of the other users were saying. It takes while for it to ship out, as well as constant reminders. They do have a new marketing member, so hopefully that speeds things up a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Ottensamer
Austria
Wien
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ummm, are these people also responsible for the Europe distribution? Or should I contact somebody else for Europe? Terribly lost here :/.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which part of Europe? I Europe is under Akama, but they can distribute to certain areas only. I know they cannot do France, idunno about Austria. You can ask them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.