Hide
5 Posts

The Resistance» Forums » Rules

Subject: Player must play plot card the first opportunity it gets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peugeot 206
msg tools
In the rule book, it states "each player gets one chance to play any applicable cards. The player may not pass and then subsequently elect to play cards later in the same opportunity"

I'm not sure what that means. Can someone give an example? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Plot cards are the little bonus cards that get handed out each round. All it's trying to state is that players should play plot cards if they intend to play them right away instead of trying to game the system, waiting to see what other players will do first.

It's intended as a way to speed up the game and prevent odd plot card interactions where people wonder, "okay, which card happens first?" Honestly, plot cards are not my favorite part of the game hence why I like Avalon much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peugeot 206
msg tools
hey man thanks for the clarification. I guess this isn't really an important clause. My original understanding of the game probably will allow me to play the game properly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Plot cards have lots of timing issues. No Confidence is one such card. See?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Andrews
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
When there are multiple copies of No Confidence or Strong Leader in play, you basically need to do a round of asking each player in order at the appropriate time whether they want to play their card. i.e. After every vote and start of every mission/Leader Change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.