Subject: Only One Day rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Splotchy Ink

Friendswood
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is going to be my first BGG.con, unfortunately I will only be able to visit there for one day before having to leave. Is there any particular day that is best? Is it better to go on the first day, or to wait until someday like Saturday, or will all the hot games at the exhibitors be sold out by then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
Frendzy wrote:
This is going to be my first BGG.con, unfortunately I will only be able to visit there for one day before having to leave. Is there any particular day that is best? Is it better to go on the first day, or to wait until someday like Saturday, or will all the hot games at the exhibitors be sold out by then?

What do you want to do?

Shop for games? -- Earlier is better, if you know what you want (though if so why not pre-order), unless you want to wait and benefit from the wisdom of the masses on what is worth buying
Play the hot new games? -- Earlier is better before it gets more crowded, unless you want to wait and benefit from the wisdom of the masses on what is worth trying
Enjoy the world's best gaming party -- Later is better, unless you have a maximum tolerance for crowds

Are there any special events that you want to go to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Splotchy Ink

Friendswood
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah, that's good advice there, though I kind of wish I was able to go there early. I'll end up being there on the 23rd cause really I wanted to find all the good games that I wouldn't normally be able to find. Though, as with all board games, I need to deal with the hand I've been dealt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Splotchy Ink

Friendswood
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, I think I might have misread part of the above comment.
Pre-order, as in pre order a game and just pick it up at the convention? Because if that's the case, where would I do that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Mitchell
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Do I have overtext?
badge
Yes I do.
mbmbmbmbmb
Funagain is one place you could do it...
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1046982/funagain-games-i...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.