Brad Venable
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
admin
Literally, "Game Voice." I am a voice actor for video games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

BGG info:
BioShock Infinite: The Siege of Columbia

Miniature Market link
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/pldbsi01.html

$21.49 cheaper than CSI.
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/187709

At least $22.20 cheaper than Amazon, using a 3rd-party vendor (OOS Amazon proper)
http://www.amazon.com/BioShock-Infinite-Siege-Columbia-Board...

Helluva fun game, awesome price, even with the announced price reduction from Plaid Hat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing multiple retailers, both online and B&M, blow out this game since its release just a few months ago does not bode well for its longterm viability. Feel bad for Plaid Hat, since I know they put a lot of work into it.

Either that, or the MSRP is artificially high and these blow-outs were planned all along. If so, that's not normally a strategy that works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a seriously good game. It's only downside is that it's meant for only 2 players, even though you can do 2 v 2 teams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
edelen wrote:
Seeing multiple retailers, both online and B&M, blow out this game since its release just a few months ago does not bode well for its longterm viability. Feel bad for Plaid Hat, since I know they put a lot of work into it.

Either that, or the MSRP is artificially high and these blow-outs were planned all along. If so, that's not normally a strategy that works.

Actually, Plaid Hat just announced that they're dropping the MSRP by $20. Guess the game isn't selling quite as well as they expected.

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/308
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny S
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
Blades in the Dark by John Harper - twitter.com/john_harper
badge
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -CS Lewis
mbmbmbmbmb
It's tough to keep the hype up after a videogame comes out... probably one of the hardest things to deal with in terms of linking the "cardboard-digital" divide. Let's hope this doesn't hurt Colby & Co too badly, they're a great crew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Milton
United States
Reading
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Releasing a board game almost a year after the videogame tie-in was released could not have helped either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is pretty fun. I never played the video game, so I don't know how it compares to that. There is a clever auction mechanic and victory conditions which make it much deeper than an area control game. However, as it was mentioned before, it really is only for 2 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fleming
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CoffinDancr wrote:
Releasing a board game almost a year after the videogame tie-in was released could not have helped either.

Bioshock Infinite came out at the end of march and I believe Siege of Columbia came out at GenCon in August. While 5 months isn't an ideal amount of time between the two, it's not "close to a year".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Putts wrote:
Actually, Plaid Hat just announced that they're dropping the MSRP by $20. Guess the game isn't selling quite as well as they expected.

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/308

good call by them, I felt it should be inline with other games in that price point.

for the game. I found it way to random. I don't mind random in games, but every win/loss felt like the dice controlled the game over your own strategy. Even in wins, I just felt like my opponent got hosed by dice instead of me out maneuvering them.

Big disappointment from me this year as I love the video game. But I don't think it's an awful game by any means. There are some pretty neat mechanics, and there isn't many good 2 player area control games out there. If you don't mind alot of luck in your game ALOT, and are looking for a 2 player area control game it might be worth a look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my copy from the recent CSI sale (same price). PH tends to price their games high to start with, and SoC was priced even higher than their usual. I'm totally not shocked that they are having to adjust the price to a marketable level.

EDIT: Turns out I actually paid $45, which is about what OLGSs will be charging now. Damn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Rasmussen
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
Thank you Mario...
badge
But our princess is in another Overtext box
mbmbmbmbmb
moosemcd wrote:
CoffinDancr wrote:

Bioshock Infinite came out at the end of march and I believe Siege of Columbia came out at GenCon in August. While 5 months isn't an ideal amount of time between the two, it's not "close to a year".

5 months is a long time in video game terms. The hotness fades after about a month for everything other than a Call of Duty game. For Bioshock Infinite, the PC/360/PS3 versions had sold for less than half list price by August. I've seen it for less than $15 on steam recently. The game is very much yesterday's news.

Having said that, this may end up being a Star Wars Queen's Gambit type game. Unappreciated at the time and eventually very valuable. Who knows?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Thornton
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Been watching this game for awhile and I was going to wait for Christmas for this one but the deal change my mind. I'm a huge City of Remnants fan and this sounds like a more streamline 2 player version of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Slippage wrote:
5 months is a long time in video game terms.

Aint that the truth! 5 months is an eternity. I'm just about ready to buy GTA V, but everyone has already moved on to the new Call of Duty game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacie Winters
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That must have been a one day sale because right now the price is back up to about $56.00 on MM which is the same as on CSI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Rose
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be correct. "DotD" means "Deal of the Day".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.