Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin W
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Sprechen Sie Talk?
mbmbmbmbmb
Myself and the wife are big Star Wars fans, we are looking for a game for 2 or more players (must play good to great with 2). I have been looking at Galaxy Trucker would people recommend this for 2 players who enjoy Euros? The game needs to be space themed at least not necessarily Star Wars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Moon
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
But my glass is dirty. Will you wipe it for me? Then you might take a peek into my mind ; )
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Race for the Galaxy : If you are looking for deep strategy game, this is a great one.

Another suggestion is, if you are into miniatures, then I would also take a look at Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game. I seen it getting played out and man that looked really fun. I am not much of a miniature fan but I could see people can get really into this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King
United States
Fairmount
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asteroid Pirates by Yaquinto OOP, but pretty easy to find. You choose to be the transport fleets or pirate fleets. You decide each turn what capabilities your ship will have for that turn. Has missiles, lasers and be sure to watch for those moving asteroids. a collision means disaster. for either 2 or 4 players
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Goddard
England
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Wars: The Card Game

and

Core Worlds

are both worth considering or if you are looking for something with more of an exploration feel maybe

Alien Frontiers

or

Eclipse
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Kalucza
Sweden
Umea
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't mind some randomness I can highly recommend Star Trek: Fleet Captains.

Been a great hit with my wife, even though it is more towards Ameritrash then Euro I guess, but one should always try to expand their gaming horizon.

It is 2 player only though, but with an expansion that makes it playable with 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
My girlfriend and I love Galaxy Trucker with two. You might enjoy Starship Catan, its designed for two. Also check out Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game its a lot of fun. Since you said you like euros then Alien Frontiers is a must, it's a great "hybrid".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Core Worlds, and it plays upto 5 players, surprisingly well I might add. It may even be that 4 players is optimal, we normally play with 3 players (~90min for the base game). Also has an expansion Galactic Orders, which make a great game even better. Another expansion is in development.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Saruwatari
United States
Arroyo Grande
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JinMos wrote:
Race for the Galaxy : If you are looking for deep strategy game, this is a great one.

Another suggestion is, if you are into miniatures, then I would also take a look at Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game. I seen it getting played out and man that looked really fun. I am not much of a miniature fan but I could see people can get really into this game.

This, and core worlds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a quite odd space theme based on The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is interresting for you, have a look at my 42 Hyperspace Expressway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McRoberts
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My boyfriend and I enjoy Perry Rhodan: The Cosmic League if we have some time to kill. It's a fun little pick up and deliver game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JinMos wrote:

It's excellent, plays quickly, and has lots of Star Wars references in the artwork. You will probably spend your first game (or two) being a bit confused though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
imprimis5 wrote:
My boyfriend and I enjoy Perry Rhodan: The Cosmic League if we have some time to kill. It's a fun little pick up and deliver game.

This. Also look at Nexus Ops and Starship Catan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
mbmbmbmbmb
Believe me, Star Wars Customizable Card Game is a super good game. Don't be afraid of the "collectible" factor. There are many lots for sale on eBay for very cheap. You only need 1 light side deck and 1 dark side deck. Each deck has exactly 60 cards.
The game has boardgame aspects like moving 'spaces' with 'pawns' (characters). It's 100% Star Wars. It has combat, spaceships, transports ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
I'll think of something witty to put here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Race for the Galaxy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Race for the Galaxy is exceptional and will stand up to hundreds of plays on the base game alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin W
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Sprechen Sie Talk?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the replies, Alien Frontiers is leading the pack at the moment although it seems to be hard to find/buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Always bring your towel.
United States
Morrilton
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would absolutely recommend Galaxy Trucker. It tends to be great fun, even though it's not terribly strategic, as long as you go into it realizing this. I would also suggest grabbing The Big Expansion as well, if you end up getting it. It adds a bunch of small expansions that you can mix and match and add in what you like in addition to making it playable with 5 players (although the base game is plenty fun by itself and handles 2-4). You could also just grab the Anniversay Edition of Galaxy Trucker which includes the base game and all expansions to date as of its printing.

I'll make another post if I can think of anything else that I would recommend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Eminent Domain
Race for the Galaxy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
Horror Leader wrote:

Almost forgot about ED. +1 to that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Always bring your towel.
United States
Morrilton
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Eminent Domain has provided many great plays for me and my wife. It's like San Juan, but better, and in space I would also recommend Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game. Great co-op with traitor mechanic. Plays well with the official 2-player variant. Lastly, I would recommend the Star Trek Deck Building Game: The Next Generation. A great, nerdy good time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harper Hobbs
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ascending Empires

+1 Nexus Ops
+1 Starship Catan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fuhrmann
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Galaxy Trucker seems to be a game that people either really love or really don't. For someone who likes euros, I'd recommend trying before buying. If you like the "building up" aspect of many euros, I think Galaxy Trucker could be pretty unsatisfying for you, since the whole point is to build something that is pretty much guaranteed to have bad things happen to it. For us, it just didn't click. We only played 2p, but I don't think more players would have really made a difference.

Our favorite space game is Merchant of Venus (second edition). Fun, quirky, thematic, plays fine with 2p. We also have Race for the Galaxy and like it fine, but as a space game, the theme feels pretty pasted on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want a fun epic space adventure game take a look at Relic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin W
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Sprechen Sie Talk?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks i will check all of these out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Horne
United States
Whitehall
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mr. Axle can do all for you.
badge
Apologize again!
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like Space Empires 4X, and after several plays, I think it is best played 1 on 1 or 2 on 2. Warning: you're going to need several hours to play a match.

+1 Starship Catan (from a guy who hates most Catan games)

+1 Perry Rhodan and the Cosmic League
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.