Subject: 2p variant proposal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Study_in_Emerald [+] [View All]
Valerio Vitelli
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mb
I was thinking of a viable 2 player that could spice up a little bit the hidden identities.

Here what I was thinking (I did not tested it yet):

1. Divide the Restorationist and Loyalist identity card and put the two stack face-down.

2. Randomly choose one of the two stack and take all three cards, form the other stack take only two (do not look).

3. Give each player TWO identity card.

With this setup there are three possible outcome:

1. One player receives two card of the same side and the other two cards of the other side -> official rule game, although you do not know which side had three card and which had only two.

2. One player receives two card of the same side and the other receives one card for each side. Let's call this latter situation "undecided".
The undecided player could play both role. If he is forced to reveal his identity, he could choose what play. From now on his identity is fixed. If at the end of the game he still have not revealed his identity he could choose with which side he can score points. However, the other player score double points for side-specific points.

3. Both player are undecided. Still rules as above, for both players.

The most critical situation is the 2: the power of the undecided player to choose the two identity when forced to reveal or choose with which side scoring points (and thus more control when deciding when ending the game than the other player)may be too unbalanced, that's way I added the double scoring rule.

This is all at theory level so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted a new 2-player variant in the downloads section. Give it a try!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
bamonson wrote:
I posted a new 2-player variant in the downloads section. Give it a try!

Can you start a new thread to discuss it here? Also any chance to upload the cards to arts cow or somewhere to have them printed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.