Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [HELP]Cyber Kit - advice & guidance needed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Sutcliffe
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
I'm interested in trying a Kit deck and would appreciate input from people who are familiar with it. I've picked up from the version that was successful in Essen a couple of weeks ago, and barely changed anything yet.

3 Cyber Cypher
1 Femme Fatale
1 Gordian Blade
3 Atman
3 Datasucker
2 Self-Modifying Code
(13)

I'm pretty sure I want to be the Cyber Cypher variant of Kit, rather than Yogosaurus - the setup costs for Yog.0 seem pretty high while Cypher gets up and running much more quickly. What I'm less sure about is how best to support that with other icebreakers. Atman/Sucker, as seen here, seems to fit better with Yog than with Cyber Cypher - I also think it takes up too much MU to run an Atman setup alongside Cyber and Femme. I could go for Faerie/Clone Chip style recursion with a couple of Barrier breakers? Run some Crypsis support so that in Cypher and Crypsis I've got cover for anything? Or try to pick off Ice with Parasite so that I'm usually only encountering Code Gates?

Is it definitely wrong to go for 3x Gordian Blade and 1x Cyber Cypher support? Gordian Blade threatens every server and demands the Corp keep laying two layers everywhere, which Cypher doesn't do. Could have Gordian as the main breaker, Cypher sitting on R&D for value...

3 Diesel
3 R&D Interface
3 Indexing
2 Escher
2 Kraken
2 Scavenge
1 Same Old Thing
(16)

Plenty of tricks. With 3 R&D Interface and 3 Indexing it's hard R&D dig, Scavenge and Escher are how you play with the Corp to line up Code Gates the way you want. Kraken is my addition (he had Public Sympathy for some reason) and it's entirely disposable - I have in mind a version that tries to avoid the Corp having deep Ice towers you have to plough through, with Parasites and Krakens but that's not really this deck's current plan.

3 Professional Contacts
2 Kati Jones
3 Sure Gamble
2 Dirty Laundry
2 Infiltration
2 Modded
2 Desperado
(16)

I've picked up Desperado from the Essen version of the deck, but I'm not sure it's a great use of the deck's Influence - feels more like I'm making infrequent BIG runs with R&D Interface and Indexing, rather than regularly running. The rest of the economy is a mix of the usual suspects.

So I have the above option, a Faerie option, a Parasite option... what else? Or is Yogosaurus just much better than the Cyber Cypher version of Kit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some random thoughts from a non-Kit player.

It seems you have a LOT of breakers. A main strength of shapers in their ability to tutor for programs. I would up SMC to three copies and limit Cyber-Cypher to ONE copy (presumably for R&D use). You should probably have a few Clone Chips as well.

MU issues. You seemingly want an Atman suite with full Datasucker backup, as well as Cyber-Cypher and Gordian Blade for abusing Kits ability AND a Femme for troubleshooting. That's a LOT of MU. Granted you are not going to install all of that, but 4 MU is gonna be a huge limit. Now you have Desperado to give you one extra MU, but with only two Desperados you can't be sure to see one in time. Speaking of Desperado, that is one amazing card, but you need it on the table ASAP, so I personally feel that three copies of it is far better than two. But that is a LOT of influence for a card that this deck isn't using optimally, because as you say. Kit is perfectly equipped to run ONCE every turn, but isn't really that well suited for making multiple runs every turn.

So, I think you should actually drop Desperado here and go for either Grimoire (perhaps even Toolbox if you feel bold) or some dedicated MU cards instead.

Indexing is a great card, but it anti-synergizes with Kits ability. I'd drop it here. You could run 3 copies of Maker's Eye instead, which along with your three R&D Interfaces should be plenty to set up an R&D lock.

Escher is GREAT in Kit. Keep that.

Kraken? I think you could find better cards here.

I wouldn't use Same Old Thing in a deck that doesn't run nasty criminal tricks.

I'd add more econ cards. One more Kati Jones. One more Dirty Laundry. Three Daily Casts. Perhaps one more Modded.

Diesel is a good card, but I'm not convinced you need it as you have both Pro Contacts (which makes card draw much better) and program tutors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bestia immonda
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm the guy that ran the Kit deck at Essen!
KEEP THE ESCHER!
Remove the Desperado if you prefer, but it helps when feeding the datasucker; having no Yog you have to spend money every run.
I like the idea of the Kraken, but if the Corp can choose, well, he can just remove the code gates...
Parasite is a better option I think!
Public Sympathy was an alternative for Plascrete; I just gambled that at the tournament I wouldn't find lots of Scorched Earth and P.S. synergizes well with Pro Contacts and helps having a "buffer" against both net/meat damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sutcliffe
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
nicktaruffi wrote:
Hi, I'm the guy that ran the Kit deck at Essen!
KEEP THE ESCHER!
Remove the Desperado if you prefer, but it helps when feeding the datasucker; having no Yog you have to spend money every run.
I like the idea of the Kraken, but if the Corp can choose, well, he can just remove the code gates...
Parasite is a better option I think!
Public Sympathy was an alternative for Plascrete; I just gambled that at the tournament I wouldn't find lots of Scorched Earth and P.S. synergizes well with Pro Contacts and helps having a "buffer" against both net/meat damage.

Ah - the perfect man to talk to!

Firstly I love Escher - that's not going anywhere.

Desperado/Datasucker/Atman

When I first built my Kit deck I had Yog, then supported Yog with Datasucker, then realised I had SMC and Datasucker so might as well play Atman. When I switched to Yog I felt like the Datasuckers got less important and without the Datasuckers I didn't run Atman. You obviously ran Cypher and Atman together, so how did that work - are you 70% a Cypher deck that sometimes finds Atman to break specific situations, or are you 70% an Atman deck that makes things easier with Cypher?

I could go Cypher + Datasucker + Parasite + Atman? That's just very MU-intensive (realistically 1x Cypher, 2x Sucker, 2x Atman, 1x Parasite, and that's without Femme around) and I'd need to support it with Akamatsu and Omni Drives, which starts getting expensive.

I see why Public Sympathy helps, and the Pro Contacts synergy. I guess I just have it down as card slots I can change if I need to. Kraken was a shot in the dark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bestia immonda
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel that Cypher is great if you want to pressure HARD AND EARLY.
Yog with Dino or Personal Touch are for late game power imho.
With 3 Cyphers I'm not planning to build up the perfect rig, I want to hit fast, hard and grabbing agendas that the Corp though to be pretty safe.
Atman is there as a backup, it is not the main breaker; I think 2 Atmans in the deck is enough.
Yeah, memory is often a problem so a console, or Omnidrive/Akamatsu is needed.
Do not be afraid to use scavenge on a installed Cypher to "move it" into a different server if needed! ( of course the optimal scavenge combo is with Test Run + Femme Fatale, but flexibility is queen! )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a long time cyber kit player, a few things:

While both are good, I like test run better in many situations than SMC.

The common (bad) scenario is that you've got cyphers on centrals. Corp drops an agenda in a new remote behind an ETR code gate. If you SMC, you're stuck on that remote. With test run, you get in then uninstall the cypher, ready to hit anywhere again next turn.

I used to run atman, but found it too expensive and fragile, not to mention MU hungry. Cyphers are already rather MU intensive, as you'll need multiples, needing atman/datasucker on top of that is hard to swing.

Another card you need to consider: Lockpick. Its very solid in Kit for obvious reasons.

Also: Parasite. Use parasite to kill any low str non code gate you see. It becomes rather easy to snipe certain trouble ice, and if you keep the ice count on centrals low, you'll get in for almost free every turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sutcliffe
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Saan wrote:
As a long time cyber kit player, a few things:

While both are good, I like test run better in many situations than SMC.

The common (bad) scenario is that you've got cyphers on centrals. Corp drops an agenda in a new remote behind an ETR code gate. If you SMC, you're stuck on that remote. With test run, you get in then uninstall the cypher, ready to hit anywhere again next turn.

I used to run atman, but found it too expensive and fragile, not to mention MU hungry. Cyphers are already rather MU intensive, as you'll need multiples, needing atman/datasucker on top of that is hard to swing.

Another card you need to consider: Lockpick. Its very solid in Kit for obvious reasons.

Also: Parasite. Use parasite to kill any low str non code gate you see. It becomes rather easy to snipe certain trouble ice, and if you keep the ice count on centrals low, you'll get in for almost free every turn.

This sounds a lot like where I had got to with my Kit deck in a jam session last night, but then I saw the deck from Essen and undid a lot of the changes I had made in migrating from from Yog/Atman to Cyber/Parasite. Test Run also has obvious synergies with recurring Parasite if necessary.

Lockpick was in mind - sitting on the sidelines but padded up and ready to play.

What do you use to back up your Cyphers - what's your Icebreaker mix? Care to share a decklist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my current list which I have been rather happy with.

Kit aggro

Rielle "Kit" Peddler: Transhuman (Creation and Control)

Event (17)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Modded (Core Set)
2x Quality Time (Humanity's Shadow)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
3x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)

Hardware (9)
2x Akamatsu Mem Chip (Core Set)
2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
3x R&D Interface (Future Proof)

Resource (7)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
2x John Masanori (Opening Moves)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow)

Icebreaker (7)
1x Corroder (Core Set) ••
3x Cyber-Cypher (Creation and Control)
1x Deus X (A Study in Static)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x Mimic (Core Set)

Program (5)
2x Datasucker (Core Set) ••
2x Parasite (Core Set) ••••
1x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

It is very similar to the list I top Eighted with at the 110 person plugged in tour in Chicago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sutcliffe
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Saan wrote:
This is my current list which I have been rather happy with.

Kit aggro

Event (17)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Modded (Core Set)
2x Quality Time (Humanity's Shadow)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
3x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)

Hardware (9)
2x Akamatsu Mem Chip (Core Set)
2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
3x R&D Interface (Future Proof)

Resource (7)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
2x John Masanori (Opening Moves)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow)

Icebreaker (7)
1x Corroder (Core Set) ••
3x Cyber-Cypher (Creation and Control)
1x Deus X (A Study in Static)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x Mimic (Core Set)

Program (5)
2x Datasucker (Core Set) ••
2x Parasite (Core Set) ••••
1x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

It is very similar to the list I top Eighted with at the 110 person plugged in tour in Chicago.

Ha! Like 40 cards identical to what I scrambled together last night!

I didn't have Masanori or Modded, instead running more copies of Parasite/SMC/Clone Chip and a singleton Gordian Blade. No Lockpicks here? Room for AMC to be Omni Drive - basically an AMC and Lockpick combined into 1 card?

Thanks for sharing - I got home last night and searched for Kit decks and found none that were similar to mine so changed things around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Owens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've toyed with Rielle a bunch. Nothing groundbreaking or dominant.

- Personally, I've found AMC and lockpick better than omnidrive, just been my experience.
- Any Rielle player who hasn't given Crescentus a try, I highly recommend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magicdave wrote:

Ha! Like 40 cards identical to what I scrambled together last night!

I didn't have Masanori or Modded, instead running more copies of Parasite/SMC/Clone Chip and a singleton Gordian Blade. No Lockpicks here? Room for AMC to be Omni Drive - basically an AMC and Lockpick combined into 1 card?

Thanks for sharing - I got home last night and searched for Kit decks and found none that were similar to mine so changed things around.

It used to be omni-drive, but quite honestly AMC is way better for Kit. Couple reasons - Omni takes 3 turns to break even, so its not aggressive, and you have to install it BEFORE the breaker. It makes it a 'combo', meaning that you need to find and install omni before your breaker. Id rather just slap down breakers and run, then install MU after the fact.

I like lockpick a lot, but I am trying cutting it for Masanori. Masanori is a beast of a card in other decks I have played, so i'm trying it here.

Again, clone chip is handy, but test run is better synergy with Kits ability, and its more flexible (if less efficient), since it can do stack and heap.

The thing about SMC and Clone chip is that you dont really need the run-speed install, since you know the ice coming up is a code gate most of the time. And you've already got MU issues, so you'll find SMC is a dead draw if its not like the first 3 turns of the game.

I'd like to work in a couple scavenges as well, but I'd probably have to cut masanori or quality time for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
malhaku wrote:
I've toyed with Rielle a bunch. Nothing groundbreaking or dominant.

- Personally, I've found AMC and lockpick better than omnidrive, just been my experience.
- Any Rielle player who hasn't given Crescentus a try, I highly recommend.

Totally agree on these two points. Crescentus is nasty, but even finding 1 free influence for it is tough in my list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James 3
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the 10 influence IS a major downside to kit. using influence well is extra critical. I'm in the camp that parasite is SO effective at solving problems and synergistic with Kits ability to make a server easier to crack, that its worth bending your influence to support a parasite recursion plan. clone chips and dmc go well with it. and i like cybercypher 3X too, though i often run Zule as my universal backup rather than gordian, as its super cheap to install, especially off a dmc in a pinch, and lets you threaten other servers than R&D effectively. all this said, i still haven't settled on what i think is the best build. definitely a fun strategy to pilot though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flamejuggler wrote:
the 10 influence IS a major downside to kit. using influence well is extra critical. I'm in the camp that parasite is SO effective at solving problems and synergistic with Kits ability to make a server easier to crack, that its worth bending your influence to support a parasite recursion plan. clone chips and dmc go well with it. and i like cybercypher 3X too, though i often run Zule as my universal backup rather than gordian, as its super cheap to install, especially off a dmc in a pinch, and lets you threaten other servers than R&D effectively. all this said, i still haven't settled on what i think is the best build. definitely a fun strategy to pilot though.

Zu is an interesting idea - I like that. Gordian is just too costly to install, and any backup breaker wont be used often, so efficiency of breaking isn't as critical.

And yes, parasite is crazy in Kit. I'm running 2 clone chip and 3 test run to recur it as needed. I did drop the third parasite for corroder, as corroder is always handy to have on call, and will fix situations where you need to get in to a remote RIGHT NOW better than parasite can.

Quite honestly, I think kate is a better runner. Simply running an efficient breaker suite and magnum opus is awesome, and the 5 extra influence goes a very long way with how many tutors are in faction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sutcliffe
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Saan wrote:

Quite honestly, I think kate is a better runner. Simply running an efficient breaker suite and magnum opus is awesome, and the 5 extra influence goes a very long way with how many tutors are in faction.

Oh definitely, but if I was trying to win I'd be playing Andromeda. Playing Kit is for giggles.

I like the Zu plan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Owens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magicdave wrote:
Saan wrote:

Oh definitely, but if I was trying to win I'd be playing Andromeda. Playing Kit is for giggles.

I like the Zu plan.

My current Rielle build runs the following program suite:
3x of (Cyber, Zule, Atman, Crescentus, Datasucker)
No tutors.

Not Andy or Mac-atman dominant, but a good deck and a lot of fun to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Li
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Kit
I played Kit at the local Plugged In and finished in the Top 8. It went 4-1, and in the one I lost the Corp survived 5 Maker's Eyes, 2 which were for the game point.

Criminal Kit (45 cards)

Rielle "Kit" Peddler: Transhuman

Event (19)
3 Dirty Laundry
1 Escher
2 Forged Activation Orders ••••
3 Indexing
1 Levy AR Lab Access
3 Sure Gamble
3 The Maker's Eye
3 Tinkering

Hardware (3)
3 Clone Chip

Resource (12)
3 Daily Casts
3 Kati Jones
3 Professional Contacts
3 Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (6)
1 Corroder ••
3 Cyber-Cypher
1 Gordian Blade
1 Ninja ••

Program (5)
2 Crescentus ••
3 Self-modifying Code

Built with http://netrunner.meteor.com/

The point here is to make Kit's one run a turn super effective with Maker's Eye, Indexing, or Dirty Laundry. Crescentus and FAO helps manage the amount of ICE the Corp has. Same Old Thing can double as any event you need--feel free to dump Levy or Escher into the Heap when you don't need it and use SOT to recover it. You can SMC for Gordian when you need to hit a remote or to bring out a Corroder or Ninja for troublesome deep servers. You have 3x Cybers because you need it in your opening hand to apply early pressure to R&D (and HQ if you get a second). At 4 strength, Cybers are an economy card in itself--not as ridiculous as a Yogsaurus, but much faster and less vulnerable.

With Kati, Dirty Laundry, Professional Contacts, and Daily Casts I had a ridiculous amount of economy. In fact, I'm considering taking Kati out--I'd rather use Contacts for the card than add money to Kati.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ouroboros313 wrote:
I played Kit at the local Plugged In and finished in the Top 8. It went 4-1, and in the one I lost the Corp survived 5 Maker's Eyes, 2 which were for the game point.

Hmm. I really like this list, actually. Ninja is a great breaker, even though nobody runs it anymore.

FAO is interesting. There are lots of situations vs kit where the corp doesnt want to rez, so forcing it is a pretty good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher MacLeod
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ouroboros313 wrote:

Criminal Kit (45 cards)

Event (19)
3 Dirty Laundry
1 Escher
2 Forged Activation Orders ••••
3 Indexing
1 Levy AR Lab Access
3 Sure Gamble
3 The Maker's Eye
3 Tinkering

Hardware (3)
3 Clone Chip

Resource (12)
3 Daily Casts
3 Kati Jones
3 Professional Contacts
3 Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (6)
1 Corroder ••
3 Cyber-Cypher
1 Gordian Blade
1 Ninja ••

Program (5)
2 Crescentus ••
3 Self-modifying Code

Built with http://netrunner.meteor.com/

The point here is to make Kit's one run a turn super effective with Maker's Eye, Indexing, or Dirty Laundry. Crescentus and FAO helps manage the amount of ICE the Corp has. Same Old Thing can double as any event you need--feel free to dump Levy or Escher into the Heap when you don't need it and use SOT to recover it. You can SMC for Gordian when you need to hit a remote or to bring out a Corroder or Ninja for troublesome deep servers. You have 3x Cybers because you need it in your opening hand to apply early pressure to R&D (and HQ if you get a second). At 4 strength, Cybers are an economy card in itself--not as ridiculous as a Yogsaurus, but much faster and less vulnerable.

With Kati, Dirty Laundry, Professional Contacts, and Daily Casts I had a ridiculous amount of economy. In fact, I'm considering taking Kati out--I'd rather use Contacts for the card than add money to Kati.

I like this list a lot, I'll definitely try it out at my league! Did you find that 4 MU was enough? Does your meta have a lot of Jackson Howard and do you find that hurts Indexing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezio Auditore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
I'm always leery of a deck that doesn't run scorched protection in any form. But I love the inclusion of Levy.

I'm having a lot of luck with this resource less Kit. MO and Lockpick are an incredible economy option in Kit decks if you make sure you have the MU available to deal with it.

Kit - ICE Assault (45 cards)

Event (10)
2 Escher
2 Scavenge
3 Test Run
3 Tinkering

Hardware (17)
3 Akamatsu Mem Chip
3 Clone Chip
2 Dyson Mem Chip
3 Lockpick
3 Plascrete Carapace
3 R&D Interface

Icebreaker (9)
1 Cyber-Cypher
2 Deus X
1 Faerie ***
1 Femme Fatale *
3 Gordian Blade
1 Snowball

Program (9)
3 Magnum Opus
1 Nerve Agent **
2 Parasite ** **
3 Self-modifying Code

I have tinkered with Public Sympathy instead of Plascrete to help deal with brain damage as kit doesn't usually carry any expose effects but with Deus X really neutering a lot of Jinteki tricks I just don't see that as the competitive option.

I was supposed to take this deck to the Team Covenant Plugged In tour last weekend to see how it worked but wasn't able to make it so I don't have anything more than some good local luck with this deck to put behind it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thee Insidius Doktor Glaze & His Sidekick Donut Boy with the Amazing Monkeytime Dancers Ooh!
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I_have_heard_the_mermaids_singing,_each_to_each. I_do_not_think_that_they_will_sing_to_me... We_have_lingered_in_the_chambers_of_the_sea By_sea_girls_wreathed_with_seaweed_red_and_brown Till_human_voices_wake_us,_and_we_drown
mbmbmbmbmb
I still have my Kit deck put together: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/13640144#13640144

Some of the principles I hew to:
- destroying the worst ICE means even more benefit from Kit's power
- Economy, economy, economy. 20 cards in all. Just having credits to install and trash is itself a threat with Kit
- SMC and Personal Workshop let you keep facechecking later than you would as a criminal
- Lockpick is a great econ card with Gordian Blade, and trashable to Aesop's in a pinch
- I stick with Indexing (even in a Jackson-Howard-heavy meta). It's so efficient at finding agendas whilst avoiding Snares

Here's the decklist:

Economy
1 Aesop's Pawnshop
3 Armitage Codebusting
2 Daily Casts
3 Diesel
3 Dirty Laundry
3 Lockpick
2 Personal Workshop
3 Sure Gamble

Ice Destruction
2 Clone Chip
1 Grimoire [2 influence]
1 Kraken
3 Parasite [6 influence]

Rig
2 Atman
2 Datasucker [2 influence]
3 Gordian Blade

General Running
1 Escher
1 The Helpful AI
3 Indexing
1 Net Shield
3 Self-modifying Code
2 Tinkering

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sutcliffe
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Thanks for all the contributions - there seems to be a bewildering range of options here, with no two people seeming to agree!

I think I lean towards a Parasite plan, because I really like Parasite in any deck. I think I can also afford to support the Parasite with Datasuckers and Clone Chips. If you're Scavenging then Parasite and Cyber Cypher are nicely interchangeable too.

Influence Package (7)
2 Parasite
2 Datasucker
1 Femme Fatale
1 Corroder
1 Crescentus

Decoder Package (10)
3 Cyber Cypher
2 Zu.13
2 Self Modifying Code
3 Test Run

Economy Package (15)
3 Sure Gamble
3 Daily Casts
2 Kati Jones
2 Modded
2 Dirty Laundry
3 Lockpick
2 Omni Drive (I know, I know)

Support (13)
2 Escher
2 Clone Chip
1 Scavenge
3 Diesel
2 Indexing
3 R&D Interface

I think my ultimate end rig is 2x Cypher, 1x OTHER BREAKER, 1x Datasucker, 1x Parasite, which needs an extra MU. I'm going for Omni Drive because I quite like the idea of an Omni Drive and Lockpick-fuelled efficient rig.

I'm not convinced by Modded, here. Only Omni Drive and R&D Interface really get full use from it. Should I pull it? Should it be 2x Personal Workshop?

Anyway, rip this version apart and tell me why I should play something different, please! I'm pitching it into combat tomorrow morning with 0 test games so want to have half an idea that my deck is ok.
surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bestia immonda
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditch one Modded ( yeah, you do not have much use for it ) and go with 2 Scavenge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sutcliffe
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
I think I can drop to 1 SMC as well. Potentially three/four spare slots as the Crescentus is kind of random as well.

-1 SMC
-2 Modded
-1 Crescentus (3rd Datasucker?)

+???
Tinkering? Professional Contacts? Personal Workshop? Armitage Codebusting? John Masanori? Scavenge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jethro Hendrickx
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I'm a bit in the same boat, trying to find which Kit version I like best. For the moment I go with the list below, Yog + datsasuckers, supported by ninja so I can defeat big sentris and Archer + troubleshooter, parasite to destroy barriers (no fracter in deck).

Players defend against Kit by putting cheap ice and codegates on the outside, with this deck I can parasite the inner ice, so cheap codegates get pretty useless (Yog). No dino as I find it too slow, indexing is still good as parasiting r&d makes the way free for multiple runs, so together wiht Makers eye good pressure.
Downside is the reliance on datasuckers, when the corp purges it might be difficult to get new tokens and get in somewhere.

Good economy so you can trash corp assets and defeat traces trying to burn your resources (seasource), if you can keep the corp economy down and kill some ice, you should win easy enough. HQ is a good source of agenda points as the corp can't afford to ice 3 centrals and have a decent remote and score agendas.

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:

Total Cards: (45)

Event: (17)
Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control) x3
Sure Gamble (Core) x3
The Maker's Eye (Core) x3
Tinkering (Core) x3
Test Run (Cyber Exodus) x3
Indexing (Future Proof) x2

Hardware: (9)
Akamatsu Mem Chip (Core) x2
Clone Chip (Creation and Control) x3
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead) x2
The Personal Touch (Core) x2

Program: (11)
Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control) x3
Datasucker (Core) x3 ■
Yog.0 (Core) x2 ■
Parasite (Core) x2 ■■
Mimic (Core) x1 ■

Resource: (8)
Daily Casts (Creation and Control) x3
Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow) x2
Professional Contacts (Creation and Control) x3

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 10
Criminal: 0
Shaper: 60

ecit: Just saw this is a previous version, new one has +1 ninja, +1 Yog, -1 parasite, -1 mimic.

I found mimic made the dependance on datasucker even worse, so I swapped it for ninja, which is better vs archer and the like.

So ideal rig is 5 MU:
Yog + pers touch
2x datasucker
ninja if needed
room for parasite

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.