Subject: Do Obstacles stack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
charles skrobis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I noticed in the rules that shooting through obstacles will add a defense die to the defending ship for the attack. Now normally there aren't too many of these on the board so it's not really a problem, but the minefield token counts as an obstacle for the defense die bonus.

So if I were to have in some way lined up 2 obstacles between the attacker and the defender, would the defender get 2 extra defense dice, or would they just get one extra defense die?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
charles_skrobis wrote:
So I noticed in the rules that shooting through obstacles will add a defense die to the defending ship for the attack. Now normally there aren't too many of these on the board so it's not really a problem, but the minefield token counts as an obstacle for the defense die bonus.

So if I were to have in some way lined up 2 obstacles between the attacker and the defender, would the defender get 2 extra defense dice, or would they just get one extra defense die?

2 extra defense dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charles skrobis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And now to get wonderfully creative with this......Defensive mine drops for +1 defense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure that mines count as obstructions/objects. They have their own special rules for their effects, but I do not believe that you get the extra defense die if you are being shot at through a minefield. I would be interested to hear Andrew's take on this, but that is how I would rule it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
I'm not sure that mines count as obstructions/objects. They have their own special rules for their effects, but I do not believe that you get the extra defense die if you are being shot at through a minefield. I would be interested to hear Andrew's take on this, but that is how I would rule it.

As mentioned in the FAQ, they are not considered obstructions for most purposes, but (as per the rulebook p. 23), they are considered an obstruction for firing purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quick Q - If a ship is on top of a minefield and is shooting out of it, would the defending ship get +1 to defense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I f I drop 4 minefields on top of each other, is it +4 defense dice to shoot through them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aaron2310 wrote:
Quick Q - If a ship is on top of a minefield and is shooting out of it, would the defending ship get +1 to defense?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
delta_angelfire wrote:
So I f I drop 4 minefields on top of each other, is it +4 defense dice to shoot through them?

Yes, but that doesn't sound like a great use for your minefields.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.