3 Posts

Fury of Dracula (second edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Artwork mistake in Fury of Dracula rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Klas Persson
Sweden
flag msg tools
I have wondered why they made Lord Godalming look so old in the artwork but then I noticed that Van Helsing looked way too young and suddenly I realized they have probably mixed up the two when printing the game.
Oh, and it is Arthur that puts the stake through Lucy's heart in the novel, so it makes sense that he should have the stake on his figure.

Van Helsing

Lord Godalming (Arthur Holmwood)

Does this matter at all? Nope... I guess.
But now I can't not think about it and will have to scan, photoshop and print new(correct?) cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they're actually correct as printed. Not sure that Holmwood looks that old and the van Helsing art does look pretty old, too, regardless.

Holmwood's card also speaks to being someone of means pretty effectively, which isn't true of the other art and van Helsing has a stake because he's the one who figured out all that stuff in the first place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd agree that they're correct, that monocle is certainly indicative of how the British aristocracy has been viewed, although he does seem to look somewhat old.

Each person will have their own images of the characters and I can't say that the Van Helsing picture is quite how I see him. That said, it looks closer to Mina's description from the book than does the Holmwood one.

Dracula Chapter 14 wrote:
..., a man of medium weight, strongly built, with his shoulders set back over a broad, deep chest and a neck well balanced on the trunk as the head is on the neck. The poise of the head strikes me at once as indicative of thought and power. The head is noble, well-sized, broad, and large behind the ears. The face, clean-shaven, shows a hard, square chin, a large resolute, mobile mouth, a good-sized nose, rather straight, but with quick, sensitive nostrils, that seem to broaden as the big bushy brows come down and the mouth tightens. The forehead is broad and fine, rising at first almost straight and then sloping back above two bumps or ridges wide apart, such a forehead that the reddish hair cannot possibly tumble over it, but falls naturally back and to the sides. Big, dark blue eyes are set widely apart, and are quick and tender or stern with the man’s moods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.